Still Can't Post Images

eatingupblacktop

I'm usually patient, calm, collected, etc., but this thing is giving me a headache!!! Still haven't figured out how to post images. It's hit and miss with me ... I must be a &^%$ idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've tried 50 differents ways to Sunday, used help, used search, pm'd management and still can't post an image. I'm p1ssed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone out there direct me to a "Posting images on LOC 101"? Thank you kindly. :) I will now go eat some aspirin. Some things just aren't all that easy squeasy. $%^&$#&^%$&&^ .... pardon my language ..@#$%^&%$*%*%^$#*&%*&^%(%$&* ... oh yeah I forgot ... #@$^@^@*^@&!@^#$%#%$#%%$*&^%$*&^

I like linking my photos from a website since you don't have to click to open them like if you were to directly attach them to the post. So, let's use this old picture of my LS for our example here. Here is the link to where the photo is located: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/LS/DSC00363

Start by right clicking the image, so that you can either copy the image's location directly (on Firefox 3 it says, "copy image location") or so that you can go to the picture's properties and find the location there. It needs to end in jpg or another similar photo extension. This is the url from my picture above: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/albums/LS/DSC00363.sized.jpg

Then, you click on that little tiny icon below the font box in this text box that you use to make posts, and it will say "insert image" when you hold your mouse over it. Paste your image's location there, and that should appear like this.....

DSC00363.sized.jpg

Thanks for the tips Blake.:cheers: I had tried some of what you suggest but didn't work. Couldn't even upload images into the posting or my album. Talked to a buddy who suggested I'm using the wrong browser - Netscape. So I'm going to try I.E. and see what happens. If it works I'll be joining the fun in the Picture thread.

Talked to a buddy who suggested I'm using the wrong browser - Netscape. So I'm going to try I.E. and see what happens. If it works I'll be joining the fun in the Picture thread.
I'd be surprised if changing browsers did anything since the goal here is really basic -- only to copy and paste the location of the image, but I haven't used Netscape in about 10 years, so who knows! It works perfectly with Firefox! Also, make sure that the images you try to add to your gallery are not too big. I think they can't be larger than 1.5-2 MB.

Talked to a buddy who suggested I'm using the wrong browser - Netscape. So I'm going to try I.E. and see what happens. If it works I'll be joining the fun in the Picture thread.
I'd be surprised if changing browsers did anything since the goal here is really basic -- only to copy and paste the location of the image, but I haven't used Netscape in about 10 years, so who knows! It works perfectly with Firefox! Also, make sure that the images you try to add to your gallery are not too big. I think they can't be larger than 1.5-2 MB.

It looks like it was my browser. Funny how sometimes the answer is right there in front of you, like looking for your glasses while you're wearing them. I've been using Netscape for too long. It wasn't uploading any of my images unless I first uploaded into my album. I.E. does it perfectly, haven't tried Firefox or Mozilla but I will just to see what differences there are. Hate to give up Netscape because I'm so used to the interface but there's no choice. Never liked I.E., still don't, so that's another reason to try out the others. Thanks for your input Blake. :cheers:

You can also try photobucket.com ~ you upload your pics (it's a pic hosting/sharing site) then link them from there. It's the popular site for myspace users.

Yes thanks Rya, that's what I'm using. :cheers: It's so easy peasy lemon squeasy.

I have the same problem....

---------------------------------------------

support @ sucretemplates.com

support @ SUDIZ.COM

Sudiz, check your browser. If you're using Netscape, then I'd try I.E. Also as Rya has mentioned, try using photobucket.com. You will have to enable your cookies to upload. It's very straightforward to use.