Taking Out Window Regulator

Can anyone help? I'm trying to take out the window regulator, I have the door panel off, I see a bar inside the door going from top to bottom, and on right I see 3 bolts which should be from the window motor/regulator, I undone those, but what do I do now, how do I get it out from there?

You should have 2 bolts at the top of that "bar" and 2 at the bottom that will need to be removed also. It is all one unit. This "bar" is what holds the cradle that lifts the window up and down and also holds the cable. You will need to slide the clip that is connected to the window's metal frame (on the bottom of the window inside the door) toward the back of the door. The window will need to be all the way up. It is going to be a pain in the butt to get it out, but with a little prying and wiggeling, it will come out. It's even harder to get the new one in. This is what I went through when I put mine in a few weeks ago. If there is an easier way, I don't know it. Good luck and hope this helped. :huh:

Freeze

You should have 2 bolts at the top of that "bar" and 2 at the bottom that will need to be removed also. It is all one unit. This "bar" is what holds the cradle that lifts the window up and down and also holds the cable. You will need to slide the clip that is connected to the window's metal frame (on the bottom of the window inside the door) toward the back of the door. The window will need to be all the way up. It is going to be a pain in the butt to get it out, but with a little prying and wiggeling, it will come out. It's even harder to get the new one in. This is what I went through when I put mine in a few weeks ago. If there is an easier way, I don't know it. Good luck and hope this helped. :huh:

Freeze

Yeah, I had the bolts undone already, two on top, only one on bottom, the bottom part I was able to push in, but the top part I can't move, I can push the bolts in through the whole so it would be loose, do I have to do that before I can push the clip back? I'm just parting the car out, and I sold this part over a week ago, I need to mail it to the guy I'm just stuck at this point, and I was unable to find anything online.

Yeah, I had the bolts undone already, two on top, only one on bottom, the bottom part I was able to push in, but the top part I can't move, I can push the bolts in through the whole so it would be loose, do I have to do that before I can push the clip back? I'm just parting the car out, and I sold this part over a week ago, I need to mail it to the guy I'm just stuck at this point, and I was unable to find anything online.

When I did mine I had to get the bolts all the way out and then the clip would slide out. It is going to look like you can't get it out, but you have to do alot of straining. If the part still works, you might be able to get the bolts out easier with the window down, I don't know because mine was stuck up all the way. But good luck with it.

Freeze

When I did mine I had to get the bolts all the way out and then the clip would slide out. It is going to look like you can't get it out, but you have to do alot of straining. If the part still works, you might be able to get the bolts out easier with the window down, I don't know because mine was stuck up all the way. But good luck with it.

Freeze

Made some progress today, but couldn't finish it beacuse I had to run to work but I have it all loose, the window can go down, just couldn't detach the window from the metal bar, but I'll try it agian in the morning when I have some time, guess I'll just push the bar towards the front of the door see if the clip pops out.

All right, I got it out, thanx a lot bud you were very helpful, once I got the drivers side out and knew how to do it I got the pasenger side out withing couple of minutes. All I had to do is let the window down couple of inches and the push back on the metal bar and came right off, gotta say it would probably be a lot of pain to put it all back together. Thank god I don't have to worry about that.