Moment Of Silence For My 1991 Ls 400

On monday 6/9/08 my LS 400 was involved in an accident and totaled with 306,007 miles. I suffered lacerations (16 stitches in total) to the head, a fractured wrist, and severe whiplash. My car on the other hand did not survive but held up like a champ. They are great cars and you guys have been really good to me while I had the car. I do plan on buying another Lexus and I will be seeing you guys again soon. Thanks again for all the great help you guys gave me.

On monday 6/9/08 my LS 400 was involved in an accident and totaled with 306,007 miles. I suffered lacerations (16 stitches in total) to the head, a fractured wrist, and severe whiplash. My car on the other hand did not survive but held up like a champ. They are great cars and you guys have been really good to me while I had the car. I do plan on buying another Lexus and I will be seeing you guys again soon. Thanks again for all the great help you guys gave me.

I am sorry for the accident. Did you were the seat belt?

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope the other driver is at fault. I had 2 cars totalled many years ago. In one of them, I had whiplash as well. If it's the other driver's fault then I suggest you get a good lawyer with experience in car accident claims. The insurance companies (yours and the other driver's) will try to get information from you or offer a settlement. Refrain from talking to them. Everything you say goes on your claim record. Talk to them through your lawyer. Also set up a contigency fee arrangement with your lawyer. That way he will be motivated to maximize your claim and not accept whatever the insurance company offers just to settle and collect his fee. Don't rush to settle as soon as you start feeling better. Your doctor will tell you that injuries can resurface 4 months after you've signed a release. The insurance companies will push for an early settlement. There is no advantage for you to do so. I suggest you take your time and settle only once your doctor and you are completely satisfied that everything is back to normal. Glad to hear the LS saved the day and that you're staying with the brand. Good luck and all the best for a speedy recovery. :cheers: Let us know how you make out.

Oh yes, and see a doctor as soon as possible!

I am sorry for the accident. Did you were the seat belt?

Yes both the passenger and I were belted in. There were no broken windows nor windshield or back glass. So both the DR and I are at a loss for where the lacerations on my head came from. Also with all the damage we are unsure why the airbag did not deply. The airbag light with come on with ignition start and go off as though it were functioning normally.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope the other driver is at fault. I had 2 cars totalled many years ago. In one of them, I had whiplash as well. If it's the other driver's fault then I suggest you get a good lawyer with experience in car accident claims. The insurance companies (yours and the other driver's) will try to get information from you or offer a settlement. Refrain from talking to them. Everything you say goes on your claim record. Talk to them through your lawyer. Also set up a contigency fee arrangement with your lawyer. That way he will be motivated to maximize your claim and not accept whatever the insurance company offers just to settle and collect his fee. Don't rush to settle as soon as you start feeling better. Your doctor will tell you that injuries can resurface 4 months after you've signed a release. The insurance companies will push for an early settlement. There is no advantage for you to do so. I suggest you take your time and settle only once your doctor and you are completely satisfied that everything is back to normal. Glad to hear the LS saved the day and that you're staying with the brand. Good luck and all the best for a speedy recovery.:cheers: Let us know how you make out.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope the other driver is at fault.

It was the other driver's fault.

If it's the other driver's fault then I suggest you get a good lawyer with experience in car accident claims.

I have already consulted an atty who has forwarded me to a doctor who now is accessing the situation and has me in physical theraphy.

Also set up a contigency fee arrangement with your lawyer. That way he will be motivated to maximize your claim and not accept whatever the insurance company offers just to settle and collect his fee.

I am requesting enough to buy and 05-06 LS 430 Ultra and I will keep you guys posted!!!!

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope the other driver is at fault. I had 2 cars totalled many years ago. In one of them, I had whiplash as well. If it's the other driver's fault then I suggest you get a good lawyer with experience in car accident claims. The insurance companies (yours and the other driver's) will try to get information from you or offer a settlement. Refrain from talking to them. Everything you say goes on your claim record. Talk to them through your lawyer. Also set up a contigency fee arrangement with your lawyer. That way he will be motivated to maximize your claim and not accept whatever the insurance company offers just to settle and collect his fee. Don't rush to settle as soon as you start feeling better. Your doctor will tell you that injuries can resurface 4 months after you've signed a release. The insurance companies will push for an early settlement. There is no advantage for you to do so. I suggest you take your time and settle only once your doctor and you are completely satisfied that everything is back to normal. Glad to hear the LS saved the day and that you're staying with the brand. Good luck and all the best for a speedy recovery.:cheers: Let us know how you make out.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope the other driver is at fault.

It was the other driver's fault.

If it's the other driver's fault then I suggest you get a good lawyer with experience in car accident claims.

I have already consulted an atty who has forwarded me to a doctor who now is accessing the situation and has me in physical theraphy.

Also set up a contigency fee arrangement with your lawyer. That way he will be motivated to maximize your claim and not accept whatever the insurance company offers just to settle and collect his fee.

I am requesting enough to buy and 05-06 LS 430 Ultra and I will keep you guys posted!!!!

Sad to hear the loss, At least you and your passenger are alright.

Sorry to hear about the accident - glad everyone is safe!

As far as the year for radar (adaptive) cruise control, reclining rear seats, heated & cooled seats go, I think the '01 was the first year (my '01 Ultra came with all of these as a package - with the air suspension also) to have all of these items, but then again, if covered under insurance, why not look for a good '05 or '06!

Glad to hear hear you're ok man! Thank God you were driving a tank! B)

Good luck on all your legal and physical matters in the future!

Hope you can find a nice 3rd gen ;)

Sorry to hear about the accident.

I was in one years ago and my advice is to treat the physiotherapy with respect and practice the routines dilligently. The pain can come back after a few years even and like a mouse which you take pity on and don't kill while ejecting from your house, it comes back with a vengeance.

Blake I'm sorry to hear about the accident; it's too bad about the car but it sounds like it gave it's life so that you and your passenger could survive. I hope you both heal quickly!

For the 05-06 the only package that has reclining rear seats would be the ultra package; which also tosses in laser cruise control and heated/cooled front and rear seats.

The Custom Lux package would also have the heated/cooled front seats and the heated rears; I"m not 100% sure but I think the laser cruise also came on those models.

After mid year '04 the Pre collision system was an option on both the CL cars and the UL cars; it replaces the laser with a true radar system that also activates seat belt tensioners and can apply the brakes if the car thinks you might collide with an obstacle. I've heard varying reports on how desireable that feature is; some people really like it; some don't.

I must admit I do use the laser cruise but on windy roads or heavy traffic; it does occasionally get confused on windy roads or by dirty cars. Also in heavy rain if the sensor gets wet it shuts off automatically; reasons to consider the radar sensor which is impervious to rain and dirt and betterprotected behind the grill.

Good luck shopping for your new car; we hope to see you back here soon!

Hey guys,

What year model and package do I need to get so I can have radar cruise control, reclining rear seats, a/c and heated seats?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update on my Lexus loss. The car was totalled my insurance and the little b*tch that hit me had insurance on her escalade. I was able to save my pioneer door speakers and I had ordered some nak speakers. As far as the speed sensor question. The engine was soo smashed, there was no way I was going to sell any engine parts. I will be putting the pioneer door speakers and the nak door speakers and sub up for sale. Contact DCfish for the headunit, changer, and AMP (free plug for dcfish). I have been looking at a replacement LS, but it has issues. I am hearing funny sounds at start up, the dash is out completely, and the dealer has been smoking in it!!!! If anyone is interested in the speakers or anything else interior wise, let me know and I will see what i can do for you. Thanks

Blake,

Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm sure you were thankful to be in a "crash cushion" (LS400). That LS saved your life!

I'm sure glad to be driving around in mine knowing how well it protects in a crash.

I know you mentioned that the engine is pretty much gone. Would you be able to remove the rear (after CAT) O2 sensors? I would be very interested in them. Please PM me or email me here: dtsang@halff com Let me know how much - I'll pay for them + shipping.

Thanks!

Teamer

Blake, you better just double check with the insurance company that is issuing you the check that they don't expect to receive your totalled car in exchange. Odd as it may seem, several insurance companies that have to reimburse a loss tend to expect the totalled vehicle to become theirs, so they can sell it for scraps in an attempt to recover some of their expense. If you go and start parting it out beforehand, you could very well end up with a prorated check.

Blake, you better just double check with the insurance company that is issuing you the check that they don't expect to receive your totalled car in exchange. Odd as it may seem, several insurance companies that have to reimburse a loss tend to expect the totalled vehicle to become theirs, so they can sell it for scraps in an attempt to recover some of their expense. If you go and start parting it out beforehand, you could very well end up with a prorated check.

I'll second that. It think most insurance companies work that way, at least my insurance company and several others to my knowledge.

Hope you are doing well also, since you are selling parts how much would you charge me for the ac unit panel? Image> post-75088-1215710241_thumb.jpg

If you can post it on ebay with a reasonable buy it now price I can get it there too. My lcd part of it is distorted beyond repair so if yours still worked before the accident I would be happy to buy it from you.

/John