Installing After Market Cd Player

moune

I tried installing an after market cd player this weekend and had some complications. I used the correct wire harness, Metra 8113 and everything hooked up correctly. But there is no sound going through. Someone told me that I have to bypass the factory amp to resolve that issue. Is that true? Or is there another way to correct that issue. Please help if anyone has any suggestions or tutorials. thanks

• 5 weeks later...

The stock system in the IS300 is a 2 ohm system. Most aftermarket stereos and speakers are 4 ohm systems. And the trigger on the amp to turn it on in the stock system runs on a 12 volt switch, and most amps use a 6 volt switch. that's why you generally end up with issues to deal with and it's better to just overhaul the system then try to patch a new one together.

• 2 weeks later...

i installed mine and used the TYTO -01 kit i think its metra but could be wrong it uses the factory amp, therefore all your speakers will work i have had only one problem and that was finding someone in the area that sells it u can find them on ebay or somethin anywhere from $75 to $150 im assuming you have the car kit aswell that should run you no more than $20, good luck

To use the Metra:

1) See this yellow wire:

post-42851-1217072657_thumb.jpg

You have to open the harness:

post-42851-1217072670_thumb.jpg

And move the yellow wire to here:

post-42851-1217072683_thumb.jpg

So afterwards you have this:

post-42851-1217072698_thumb.jpgpost-42851-1217072711_thumb.jpg

I have wired them both ways, with the amp and without. Without seemed to sound better. Espeically if you plan on using aftermarket speakers as well.

• 8 months later...