Abs Light

jillg

I have a 1995 ES300 and had the CV axle and spark plugs changed today. After I picked it up, the ABS light came on and stayed on. The mechanic looked it it (disconnected the battery, cleaned off areas) and still could not get the light off. Any suggestions as to how to get it to come off? He suggested there are some "codes" to get it to come off, but he did not have them. (I do not have a Lexus dealer in my city.)

thank you

have the mechanic recheck the sensor and wire connectors for the ABS on the wheel that had the CV axle halfshaft worked on.

My guess is a sensor or wire was disconnected or broken during the axle replacement.

A toyota dealership should be able to read and interpret the codes.

steviej

Yes it is the sensor located inside the wheel bearing hub. If a mechanic used a hammer , he probably damaged the halo magnet sensor. As it picks up the rotaions of the cv joint by its ribbed edge.

So the 2 possibilities are he damaged the sensor or the cv joint it not far enough inside the hub to contact it properly. Or a really stupid one is he forgot to reconnect the wire.