2001 Lx470 - What Should I Know Before I Buy ?

Tanin

Looking at a 2001 LX470 with 45k miles. Car has been dealer maintained since day one and no major mech. problems that I'm aware of.

What problem areas or concerns should I be aware of at the 45k mark (mechanical, electricial, etc)? With proper care how many miles can I expect from that engine? My wife will drive this thing for the next 5+ years and I'm looking for little or no out of pocket expense..........Am I buying the right car for that?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

I just traded my 2001 LX470 in for the 2004 LX470. I drove the 2001 model for 40K miles. In all the time I owned it I have only one problem. There was a growling noise in the steering wheel motor that moved the steering wheel into driving position when I started the vehical. The Lexus people knew about this and did the fix and I never heard it again. Other than that everything worked perfectly on this vehical for my 40K miles. Hope my new one does the same.

Thanks for the info Greg.

Just curious..........Have any of the major mechanical components changed from '01 to '04 ( i.e. engine, suspension, etc) ?

If there was a "ground breaking" improvement for the '02 model + I want to be aware. We were thinking about leasing a new one and stumbled across a client of mine that might sell/trade his '01 as payment for services he owes my company.

Thanks for the info Greg.

Just curious..........Have any of the major mechanical components changed from '01 to '04 ( i.e. engine, suspension, etc) ?

If there was a "ground breaking" improvement for the '02 model + I want to be aware. We were thinking about leasing a new one and stumbled across a client of mine that might sell/trade his '01 as payment for services he owes my company.

Not sure when it changed but they changed the front end/steering and added larger wheels and tires. The handling is WAY better than my '01. Some where along the line they went to the 5 speed tranny which I find really nice. It shifs down with only moderate pressure on gas pedal. I also got the night vision, which wa the only option.

I tow a jet ski alot and I do not like how the new hitch works whre is come out of the middel of the bumper rather than under it. Other than that I love the unit.