1997 Sc400 A/c Recharge Port

I have the recharge kit but am looking around in the engine compartment and have yet to find the low pressure A/C recharge port on my 1997 SC400.

Can one of you kind people steer me in the right direction?

Thank You!

Tim......

On my LS400 (same engine), it is near the upper passenger side of the engine bay. I had to take off a plastic cover to make it more visible. Just remember, don't charge from the high side port (the one near the condenser). The refrigerant dispenser will not physically fit on that port though.

What kind of recharge kit did you buy? Hopefully it isn't one with oil already mixed with the refrigerant. Chances are, unless you have a serious leak, most of the oil is still remaining in the system. If you charge it up with more oil that is contained in your refrigerant, you could accidentally over-lubricate the system. Oil does not compress like refrigerant does. If there is too much of it, it has to go somewhere (usually causes a line to burst).

Tim, if you haven't done this before, have a quaified tech top it up for you. If you want, ask him to show you the process so you can do it next time. It's not worth risking an expensive system like the a/c in order to save the minor cost of having it topped up by a pro.