Messed Up Paint By Dusting Car?

I just joined today so first i want to say hi to all of you guys out there~

anyways I don't know if you guys know the car duster AKA "Amazing california duster"

well... I bought my IS 2 weeks ago and never washed the car since it came out of dealers.. I was kinda waiting to find a good carwashing place

however apparently my dad thought he would give it a clean when i wasn't around and yes, uh huh, with the duster... sigh..

no water no nothing.. just dirt, sand, broom, and dad.... he tells me he just basically tried to polish and clean all the dirt and dust off the car with the broom...

it wouldn't have hurt me this much he had not applied so much pressure when dusting the car.. (he was sweating when i ran into him)

anyways there are now swril marks, and nice long streaks (not as deep as a scratch but not as fine as swril mark) all over the 2week old car...

the car is Obsidian Black... so the scratches and swrils really show... i can even notice it on a rainy day..

want to take it to a body shop and get clear coated but i don't have 2000 dollors..

other than applying inch thick of wax everyday WHAT CAN I DO???? i know sh*t happens in life but this is big load of sh*t which almost made me cry.

any super suggestions or expert answers out there???

You will not need to apply another clear coat. The scratches / surface marring require an abrasive polish and a pad to 'level' (remove) them. I would suggest you find a detailer to undertake this for you.

Meanwhile buy a Glaze, a kind of wax (it contains oils / waxes / fillers ) that will hide the scratches etc. I feel for you, my daughter 'helped' Daddy by cleaning a new MB with a Scotchpad "Well it was very, very dirty"

Not to worry, the paint will simply need to be machine polished. You can contact a detailer or look around the Detailing forum here and on Autopia.org and learn how to fix it yourself.

Don't be mad at your Dad, he's just trying to help. You'll find all kinds of people will destroy your car's paint "trying to help" lol

310.gif Oh man....LOL!......I have an Obsidian Black IS 350, and if I "ran" into that scene..............I'd a probly broke down! LOL!!

I'm really sorry....But like some of the other posters said, I would ask a pro detailer like, Detaildoc, SW03ES here, and take it into a pro detailer/paint shop and have it fixed.

You will see my 100 posts in the thread JGTnewlexus gave u above and started.

I made the mistake of taking my car to a car wash (4 days heavy rain and severe pollen drove me to bring to a boars brush car wash) and have a ton of surface scratches.

Using product from Autopia, autogeek etc It hides them very well. I plan to polish in the fall after I buy a flex orbital and continue use of ultima and sonus, P21 products etc.

good luck!