Thinking About A 02 Is300

801mike

hay guys i am selling my wrx and i have been looking at the is300 there are a couple 5sp ones in my area and they are decently priced. just wondering what the pro's and cons of the 02 is300 and if the car has 100,000 miles what should i expect to pay or what would you pay. thanks if there are any comin problems please fill me in on them the car will be used for mostly daily driving and maybe a track day or two a year. thanks for all the help.

Welcome to the LOC!

For 100K miles, you should be in the 12-15K range in price. More around the 12ish area than not. But I have also noticed that the prices can fluctuate alot by region for some reason.

The IS 300 has proven very reliable. No real issues other than the stock CD player is trash. The ride is waaaaaaaaaaay nicer than the WRX, but it's not as quick in stock trim. You can drop a turbo in it and then you'll be faster than the WRX. I can only think of the pros, no cons come to mind.

I had a 02 that I bought in 03 and drove for 2 years. I liked it a lot and never had any trouble with it. It had had the ECU reflash before I got it. It was automatic. I only traded it because I wanted a 2nd gen IS. I'd agree with Smooth on the price. With 100,000 miles I'd say between $12,000 to $13,000 in excellent condition.

I bought my 01 is300 and have not had ANY problems mechanically. Just a few issues but it wasnt the cars fault. :lol: hm....cons...cons..cons....nope. I went from a 2000 BMW 328i with upgraded suspension to this stock is300 and it handles almost as well. Lets just say I love curves at 70-80 mph and drifting. I also like the is300 better due to the fact that it has LSD and my bimmer did not. GO FOR IT!!!

cool thanks. i really like the body style of these cars i know a lot about the tuning on them but it will mostly just be a d/d (daily drifter)car i had a built ae86 and a s13 with a rb20det in it befor i got the wrx and yes i do plan on drifting so the IS will probly need some new susension any opinions on this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i loooooooooove the is 300. i think you should only pay about 7 grand... i paid 8900 for a 2002 is 300 with 80,000 miles

wow!! im starting to think I got ripped off buying mine. i bought a 04 is300 for $25k but it had 16k miles only. but am in need of wanting to get rid of it but darn, can't make up my mind what car i want now. maybe upgrade to the newer models.

that's pretty close to the real price of these cars today. The overall condition and mileage really have huge effect on the price, but the IS 300 has held it's value incredibly well. I just sold my 05 IS 300 with 36k miles on it for 24k.

Hey I just got my IS 300 and I LOVE it. It's an 02 and it has 64K miles, and I paid 14700. I think you will be really happy with your purchase=] Mine is a stick and it has the flip up screen with the GSP system. So far my friends have drove it more then I have =P Good luck with whatever you decide!!