Wood Dash Trim?

daktana

;)

I'm quite the newbie on this forum so I'm not sure exactly what kind of wood kit you're talking about; i can only tell you that we had the wood trim put on our Lexus by the dealer and it only enhanced the appearance of our interior. I'm not sure if the wood kit you are speaking of is the real wood or the plastic imitation wood finish.

My husband has a wood trim in his Acura which is not real wood but the imitation wood finish trim and it looks fine in his car. Personally speaking, as long as the kit whether it be wood or imitation wood is of good quality and looks nice, it probably will only enhance your car's appearance. I've even seen the imitation wood finish in a Kia and it looked ok, but again, it depends on what the wood or wood finish looks like. I would suggest that before you apply the kit, take a big piece and just lay it on a section of your interior and see if YOU like it. Ultimately, if you like it, then that's all that's important.

I installed a real wood OEM matched kit from www.exoticwoodtrim.com in my 94 ls400 and it looks luxurious. It was quite easy to do, but get it right on the first placement, there's no removing it w/o damaging. Going on 4 years and still looking good, however, it is garage kept and always use a sun shield.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wes,

Sorry for not responding sooner, I don't get here often. Anyway, I selected OEM match for the LS400. I don't recall what they were calling it but I think it was California Burlwood.

Go to that site to see some nice install pictures, I'll post mine when I get a chance.

They do look nice. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I have an '03 IS300 Sportdesign in TCM and I found a brand new cherry wood dash kit on ebay for $60. I took a chance and put it in and it really looks great. I had reservations and wondered if it was appropriate for an IS300. Well it looks great and everyone that has seen it has agreed. I also bought a kit when I had an ES300. I highly recommend them. Just ensure that you install them when it's warm.

Mayo :)

• 5 months later...
Any comments out there about wood dash kits?  Do they cheapen the appearance.  I have a 98 LS and have been thinking of doing something for the interior.  Thanks for your opinion.

I just installed a wood dash trim kit on my 1996 ES300 and it looks beautiful. Everyone who sees it says how nice it looks and I would have to agree with them. Just make sure you get a matching color if you already have some woodgrain trim installed from the factory.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed a kit in my 97 ES300 last Summer and have only received compliments on how beautiful it makes the dash look. I got mine off EBAY and bought another set for my girfriend's SUV, in carbon fiber, from the same seller and they both look awesome.

The one for my Lexus came in the exact finish as the few pieces that were already on there and came with 11 pieces altogether. Make sure to take your time installing the kit.

Before you put the kit on (permanently) test fit the pieces and see if you like the way it looks. If you don't you can always return it to the seller for a refund.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

www.clublexus.com

much better than lexus owners crap

free gold membership

BMW IS MUCH BETTER

THIS IS A DOLLAR WEBSITE

Hahahahaha. What is this?

BTW, very nice wood grain. I'm thinking of replacing my wood grain dash too.