Manually Closing A Sunroof

G-funk

What's wrong with it? No power? Linkage broken? Other?

Sunroof opened and now will not close. It makes a clicking sound when you hold the button but the battery cells are all full. The only thing I can think of, I had Sirius installed at Best Buy and maybe a relay shorted out or something? My RX300 is a '99 so I don't want to take it down to the dealership and sink alot of cash into it. I would be happy just getting the roof closed and disconnecting it.

Help if you can,please. I thought that maybe there would be a release or manual crank or something.

Try disconnecting the battery and wait 10 minutes and reconnect and then try the switch...try this. from another forum

Got back from the dealer. It seems you have to hold down the sunroof button in and wait for the sunroof to do a complete cycle (open/close). Hope this information will help someone else in the future.

Try disconnecting the battery and wait 10 minutes and reconnect and then try the switch...try this. from another forum

Got back from the dealer. It seems you have to hold down the sunroof button in and wait for the sunroof to do a complete cycle (open/close). Hope this information will help someone else in the future.

Found this sequence on the other site...follow it and it may fix your problem...

Originally Posted by dakine

I just got my GS 300 a month ago and that was my first problem as I drove home! I don't know if you've already tried this, but this is what the tech told me.

Hold the "UP" button (not "open") down for several seconds (like 10-15) - it will go thru a routine of tilting open>>then closing>> then fully opening all the way. supposedly this resets the sunroof settings. [i'm pretty sure it was the "up" button, if that doesn't work then try holding down the "open" button]

I don't know if the procedure is the same for the 300 as my 330. My 05 330 has a procedure in the owner's manual for manually closing the sunroof. I am not at home but I will post the info from the manual asap. Anyone else care to contribute from their owner's manual?

Gary

Thank you all for the advice. The power cycle(Disconnect the battery for 10 min, then hold the TILT button for like ten Seconds) worked, and now I am happy to say that the hole in my roof is closed. I really appreciate all of the comments and posts. On a side note, I ended up partially removing my headliner to get to the moonroof motor for a manual close but could not find the access point. If anyone still has any ideas or if it is even possible to close a moonroof without power, please post.

• 9 years later...

Hello! G-funk I'm having the same problem. Will you please explain to me what u did? I'm not good with cars and I'm terribly afraid of causing further damage but I don't want to pay hundreds of $ to get it fixed for something that others are fixing themselves. I have the same exact model-99 rx300. I'd really appreciate the help.