Broken Cassette Player

I was just in my 92 sc400 trying the tape player and it doesnt work at all, i push the tape in and it doesnt grab it at all, it just ejects it out, and when i try and press tape on the console it does nothing, AM, FM1 & 2 all work, but tape does nothing, tried 2 different tapes and no good, i want it to get the adapter to hook up my mp3 to the dash since i dont have a cd player.

I was just in my 92 sc400 trying the tape player and it doesnt work at all, i push the tape in and it doesnt grab it at all, it just ejects it out, and when i try and press tape on the console it does nothing, AM, FM1 & 2 all work, but tape does nothing, tried 2 different tapes and no good, i want it to get the adapter to hook up my mp3 to the dash since i dont have a cd player.

tough call. I'd just replace the stock unit with something aftermarket or rebuild the stock unit.

Do you have a cd button on your headunit ? If not I can set you up with a stock headunit with cd changer and wiring harness.

well, i bought a new amp, a new cd changer, and a new head unit for the car on ebay, its a factory one from a 94 i think, mine only came with a cassette player, i was told if i hooked up the new unit and amp and changer that it would fry the wiring because it wasnt supposed to have it, is that true? and could i just install the new head unit if i cant install the whole thing so i can at least use the cassette player?