Lexus Motors

LxsPwr

Hey guys! im a noob and this is my first post on your forum. I am doing a "little" swap using an LS400 (1UZFE) motor into an project car of mine. So the plan is to swap the 1U into my Nissan 240sx. but im also converting to right hand drive with the Silvia front end and im also converting it to a pickup. Anyways, i just recently sold the current 1U i picked up a junkyard in Phoenix with a trans and wire harness for 500 bucks. but due to my baby sister in college, underwent a miscalculation in her rent. I reluctantly gave up the 1U for 325 to give to my sister, and i had to put of my project till further notice. SO im looking for quotes for a used 1995 1UZFE motor. is there a place on the interweb where i can find cheap but in good condition motors? or am i better off at the junkyards. also i want to learn eveything there is to know about this motor. are there any good websites i can look up or any specs yall can give me? any help is appreciated! thanks guys, looking forward to hear from ya soon! :D

You should probably check EBAY. That seems to be the cheapest place to get used engines. You can check local salvage yards, but, as most people will tell you, the LS400 is a hard car to find there. I may have another source for a used engine, PM me if interested.

that sounds like quite a frankenstein. what are you trying to accomplish here? putting a 1UZ-FE in a 240? why dont you just get an SR20DET for it? it would be a way easier swap and half the price, or if you really wanted to go V8 people put small block chevy motors in those. why would you wanna convert it to right hand driver? this is America! what happens when you wanna pass somebody? are you gonna let 2/3 of your car stick out into oncoming traffic to see if someone is coming the other way? and what do you mean convert it to a pickup? as in put a truck bed on it? thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard. I dont mean to sound like a prick but there is such thing as a dumb idea, and i think i just read one. you really oughta reconsider what work you wanna do, maybe having to sell that motor was a blessing in disguise. instead of learning everything there is to know about this motor how about i tell you the only thing you need to know about it... it shouldnt go in a 240sx

that sounds like quite a frankenstein. what are you trying to accomplish here? putting a 1UZ-FE in a 240? why dont you just get an SR20DET for it? it would be a way easier swap and half the price, or if you really wanted to go V8 people put small block chevy motors in those. why would you wanna convert it to right hand driver? this is America! what happens when you wanna pass somebody? are you gonna let 2/3 of your car stick out into oncoming traffic to see if someone is coming the other way? and what do you mean convert it to a pickup? as in put a truck bed on it? thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard. I dont mean to sound like a prick but there is such thing as a dumb idea, and i think i just read one. you really oughta reconsider what work you wanna do, maybe having to sell that motor was a blessing in disguise. instead of learning everything there is to know about this motor how about i tell you the only thing you need to know about it... it shouldnt go in a 240sx

Thanks Jasond86. but it is a frankenstein, and i dont wanna use the SR20 because EVERYONE has that motor. their great motors for cheap but i wanna go for a unique style. and my reasoning goes for an LS1 swap too, also cuz i feel if i had an LS1 in a 240 i should have just bought a Camaro...Now as far as the pickup converison, i dont take a bed off a truck and add it to the car, that would be retarded lol. no, what im doing and it has been done before (look it up before you BASH) is you take a 240sx hatch then take the hatch off. take the side glass out then do some cutting. it sounds complicated but it really isnt.

img142.imageshack.us/img142/8913/6wd1.jpg. check out the link. not many pics of it, its still not a known project. the MAIN reason why i wanna do the the truck part is because im in a wheelchair. and i like my dodge dakota rt plenty but i wanna do something no one is gonna expect, thus make a truck out of a car! this way i can add a wheelchair hoist to the bed of my car and take my chair wherever i wanna go. i have my reasons for the stuff that i do. i dont do things just to do them... Now if you wanna add to whatever i just said that is contructive and is gonna point me in the right direction? then please feel free to speak up, but if your just gonna shoot down my ideas and goals like im sure you have to not ony me but some other fine people on this forum? then go kick rocks !Removed! cuz i dont wanna hear it! :angry:

ok guys sorry for my little rant but im just sick of people downtalking my ideas just cuz they cant be creative and open minded. but i will for sure take into concideration your comments. thanks guys!

PS. as far as the RHD Jason? ITS JDM TITE SON! :lol: