Satellite Radio

I also negotiated the Sirius installation for free (stated price was $599) when I purchased the 2008 IS 250.

Two complaints though about the factory (I came from having a basic plug n play starmate with wires galore):

1. The display is truncated so you can't see the whole song or artist name, and it doesn't scroll. The basic starmate (radio shack, $60) will scroll song and artist names so you can see the whole thing. Booo.

2. I am still waiting for someone to tell me otherwise, but it seems that you can't bookmark your favorite artist/songs so that whenever they play on any channel, it will alert you and allow you to jump to that channel. In the starmate, it's the "Memo" button where you can store up to 30 songs/artists. I really miss this feature. :(

To answer someone else's question about activating and getting the account set up with Sirius, it was much easier than I thought. I sat in the car and called up Sirius, got them to activate the receiver, match it up to my existing account (we have another receiver on our account), and then they deleted my existing account with no problems. I got 3 months for free by setting up a new account. The first receiver is about $14, then $6.99 for any additional accounts.

Sirius indicated that since the Lexus factory installed sirius system is not manufactured by Sirius, they can't support it.

If anyone has information on how to store favorite artists in the factory installed sirius system, please reply!

Who else thinks that the Lexus sound quality ROCKS!?

• 3 months later...

I had the XM Radio installed by the dealer. I like my portable unit better. Does anyone else have this problem. When you turn the car off and back on again the Radio goes to the default ID channel 255. It will not save the current channel you are on. Please advise

My XM was $480 installed by the dealer service people. Well worth it on long trips not to have to listen to all that FM yap. If you have Nav and the shark fin already, do not go near the after market units. When I renewed Sirius a few months ago on my wife's MB, they offered $400 for life. I had my CC out before the guy finished the offer.

Some posts mentioned needing the antenna to go up the A pillar rather than using the shark fin. Anyone know if this is the case?

My XM was $480 installed by the dealer service people. Well worth it on long trips not to have to listen to all that FM yap. If you have Nav and the shark fin already, do not go near the after market units. When I renewed Sirius a few months ago on my wife's MB, they offered $400 for life. I had my CC out before the guy finished the offer.

Some posts mentioned needing the antenna to go up the A pillar rather than using the shark fin. Anyone know if this is the case?

I doubt it. The wiring to the shark fin terminates in the trunk. Add XM box, connect and drive.