Just Aquired A 90 Ls400 Front Speakers Sound Muffled

mberrett

just bought a 1990 LS400 for $3000, man what a car, every thing works, rides like a dream, only thing I've noticed is that when you set the fadder all the way to the front, the speakers in the left, and, right door panels sound really muffled, are they blown? of is there another reason?

Try your controls. With treble maxed, what do you hear? Can you hear the tweeters at the corners of the dash? Does adjusting your treble pots make any difference on the back door speakers? If so, then the fronts are likely shot.

Try your controls. With treble maxed, what do you hear? Can you hear the tweeters at the corners of the dash? Does adjusting your treble pots make any difference on the back door speakers? If so, then the fronts are likely shot.

Yes I've tried every thing, they don't have the rattle that a broken speaker has, and I could see one side, but not both, it almost sounds like a loose connection some where before it splits of to the speakers, I'll have to dive into it and find out, if I find somthing, I'll post it. thanks M Berrett