Looking To Be A Gs300 Owner Very Soon

I am definitely considering buying a 2006 GS300. I just love this body style and the ride is so smooth. I was not looking to buy a car now, but the one I have, Lincoln LS 2001 is trash now.I have always taken good care of my vehicles-I should have gotten rid of it 3 yrs ago when it started giving me major problems. Well anyway, I have to buy a car because I need one and I might as well get something I really like. I live in a city where there is only one Lexus dealership. GS300-Cannot get a good deal from them on a CPO-they only have 3 anyway and I really didn't like the colors . So, I have been on the internet browsing for the GS300. I've seen several on Carmax.com and the prices I think are good-$33,998 25-27K miles. I would have to get the car transferred to the nearest Carmax location which is in Jackson, MS. Would you recommend Carmax? Any advice? Can I negotiate with Carmax? Can I buy the extended warranty from Lexus? The warranty at Carmax is 50k. An extended warranty is also offered.

Thanks

I believe the factory warranty is 5yrs 70k on powertrain but check with a dealer to confirm.... i'd also recommend running a carfax report and avoiding AWD models which according to consumer reports have shown to be trouble prone... I suggest reading through the GS section and posting there with follow up questions if any.

HAHA.. about your carmax question

NO U CANNOT NEGOTIATE WITH THEM

iv tried they wont bring it down a penny!!

bro search around keep looking im sure you can find a good one..

try autotrader.com they literally have it all and if that duznt work go for

cars.com

good luck

I believe the factory warranty is 5yrs 70k on powertrain but check with a dealer to confirm.... i'd also recommend running a carfax report and avoiding AWD models which according to consumer reports have shown to be trouble prone... I suggest reading through the GS section and posting there with follow up questions if any.

Thank you so much for your help!

i'd also recommend running a carfax report and avoiding AWD models which according to consumer reports have shown to be trouble prone... I suggest reading through the GS section and posting there with follow up questions if any.

He's in New Orleans, so I dont think he need AWD anyways :) The consumer report is BS, they said the the GS350 AWD was unrelieable due to dash rattles and dash components. As far as I know, both the RWD and AWD share the same dash components and acessories. Yet the RWD was rated as reliable. Consumer report is what it use to be, I dont even read their annual car report anymore.

i'd also recommend running a carfax report and avoiding AWD models which according to consumer reports have shown to be trouble prone... I suggest reading through the GS section and posting there with follow up questions if any.

He's in New Orleans, so I dont think he need AWD anyways :) The consumer report is BS, they said the the GS350 AWD was unrelieable due to dash rattles and dash components. As far as I know, both the RWD and AWD share the same dash components and acessories. Yet the RWD was rated as reliable. Consumer report is what it use to be, I dont even read their annual car report anymore.

Should I run another carfax or autocheck report other than what carmax already has?

Any major issues to watch out for on the 06 since it was the first production year for the new body style? I didn't realize this car gets such great gas mileage!

Very handsome automobile, good quiet ride, good gas mileage.... All the reasons I purchased my 07 GS350. But, not a lot of attention to details in these vehicles. Nor are they the best Luxury Sedan in the stable for the money you will spend. Check out the Acura RL... It is a MUCH better vehicle. No question about it. Only problem with it is its uninspired exterior design.

The TSB fix most of the rattle problems, but I know of a few owner that still have the rattle, especially in the colder climate. I am just very surprise that Lexus still havent applied these TSB to the 08 GS.

Steviej, I just realize you are from Scituate, hows the fishing down there :)

Steviej, I just realize you are from Scituate, hows the fishing down there :)

don't know....sold the boat cause the price of gas is outrageous. I will just be a mate on friend's boats.

But it should be good, just so many restirictions now on what you can keep.

steviej

I stopped by Carmax the other day to see an 04 LS430 they had I saw online. I looked around the car and when I got to the rear end I noticed that there were paint lines around all the emblems on the trunklid, obviously the trunk had been repainted and the bodyshop couldn't even be bothered to remove and re-install the emblems, they just taped them off.

Carmax guys were clueless, "Oh it hasn't been repainted sir, this car passed our inspection and its never been in an accident" Right...

I'm not a serious buyer so I didn't push it, but Carmax aint all its cracked up to be...

Looks like the certified 06 GS300s are listed on AutoTrader for around $35k. Most have around 25-30k miles on them. No navigation or any of the real upgrades. I don't like the rims on the RWD model, and would like to get the GS430 5 spoke. With that in mind, how much room do you think I might have on the $35k price? I guess they'd have to upgrade both the rims and tires from the stock 17s right?

Yea I was trying to stay around $30k, so the GS350s would me put well over that. I have found a private party GS with the 18" 5 spoke w/ Bridgstone Potenzas on for $34,250. No nav, or ML stereo system. 25,500 miles. All maint done at the local lexus dealer. Fair price?

Not sure if it makes a diff, but it's GS300 not 350. He's got the Z rated Bridgstones on them, which I doubt will give me many more miles. I think I'd consider replacing them with a V rated tire that will last me a little longer than the Z rated ones. Michelin Primacy MXV4 or Turanza EL42?

Thanks. I'm hoping to go look at the car tomorrow. Is it worth buying the extended warranty since this a private party instead of certified?

research and investigate any extended warranty you may purchase. Find out exactly what is covered, how much is paid by them and how.

Some warranties reimburse the policy holder, some will pay the service center directly.

Extended warranties give great piece of mind but rarely pay for themselves, especially if you keep current with all maintenance and service.

steviej