Bad Gas Milage

bassman1130

I use premium in my 2007 cpo es 350 and I only get 13-15 MPG city and the best MPG I got on the highway has been 25MPG. I don't do a lot of driving(30-40 miles per week) I have a heavy foot & 95% of my driving is in town. I knew I would not get the Lexus claimed MPG, but does this seem extremely bad?

I have heavy foot disease as well so tend to get on the lighter side for MPG. BUTTTTTT,,

In my 2008 ES 350 avg 19-22 short around town 27-30 when taking long trips now.

when I first got it i was getting a lot less, due to low tire pressure. Bought a digital reader from sears, I was low (looked ok, one tire a little low). Once I put it up in all tires to proper range, I jumped up in MPG average.

check the tires, let us know if tire pressure is low.

cheers

I use premium in my 2007 cpo es 350 and I only get 13-15 MPG city and the best MPG I got on the highway has been 25MPG. I don't do a lot of driving(30-40 miles per week) I have a heavy foot & 95% of my driving is in town. I knew I would not get the Lexus claimed MPG, but does this seem extremely bad?

Something definitely is wrong; unless the 08 ES' are better than the 07s. I just got 30 mpg (calculated not from the cars computer) in highway and city. 13-15 doesn't sound right unless you are in NYC with alot of stopping/starting and sitting in traffic. rjt is right about checking the tires....but if that doesn't work, take it in to the shop!!!! You may need a tune up! Good luck and let us know what happens.

My 07 ES gets 28-30 on the highway about 23 in town when im driving when the wife is driving

its a different story.

I always use regular unleaded in my 07 350 es and recently checked my gas mileage using actual volumes and miles. Combines city and highway gave me 30.2 mpg. On the highway I always use the speed control system.

You may want to try changing your "heavy foot" habits for a week and then do a comparison. Also, there are several posts here as well as the IS forum regarding the requirement of "premium" gas for your ES.

Just my 2 cents :D