Consumed Tires, And Break Pads And Damaged Hubs

Hi

This is my first post

I am happy that I consumed the tire threads. I was told that LS 460L comes with sporty tires that generate noise.

I don't want to install the original tires. Any advice that I should consider? Do I lose the warantee if I change with non-standard tires.

Secondly my driving habits does not help the break pads to live longer. I consumed the pads at 15,000 km (less than 10,000 miles). At that time, I could not belive that what I am hearing is the hubes touching the metal parts of the break pads, when I realized I already damaged the hubs. I admit that in all my cars, the hubs never survive to live normal life like other people hubs. But it is not my fault, it is a powerful and heavy car, you would expect that it will be designed with more breaking capacity, otherwise how can I enjoy the power and speed.

Any one observed that the break pads consumption is higher than normal? Are there better break pads that can handle my driving habits?

My best regards

It sounds to me like you're abusing the car. I'd expect to always have accelerated wear. Its a luxury sedan, not a race car.

Changing the tires won't have any effect on the warranty.

I will have to admit that the driving habits of overseas drivers are way different from the US. I can see why the brakes may have worn 'prematurely' due to the beautiful road systems that they have which allow much higher rates of speed. But, with the higher speeds, there will inherently be a need for increased braking power.

Brembo makes a 'GT - Big Brake Upgrade Kit' that looks like it would hold up a bit better for your style of driving. I would keep in mind though that because the LS is so big and heavy, with bringing it down from such high rates of speed, it is going to chew up just about any brake pads.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

This is my first post

I am happy that I consumed the tire threads. I was told that LS 460L comes with sporty tires that generate noise.

I don't want to install the original tires. Any advice that I should consider? Do I lose the warantee if I change with non-standard tires.

Secondly my driving habits does not help the break pads to live longer. I consumed the pads at 15,000 km (less than 10,000 miles). At that time, I could not belive that what I am hearing is the hubes touching the metal parts of the break pads, when I realized I already damaged the hubs. I admit that in all my cars, the hubs never survive to live normal life like other people hubs. But it is not my fault, it is a powerful and heavy car, you would expect that it will be designed with more breaking capacity, otherwise how can I enjoy the power and speed.

Any one observed that the break pads consumption is higher than normal? Are there better break pads that can handle my driving habits?

My best regards

I have a 07 ES350 and the rear brake pads were worn out at 19K miles which is unheard of for

a well built car, I also had to have the front rotors turned and the pads replaced at 10K.

My car now has about 30K and im going to look into finding non lexus brake parts for the front

next time I have brake service which will be soon as I have that same brake vibration that I

had at 10K.

I know for a fact that the accelerated brake wear that many notice on Lexus cars is not normal

but some will come on these forums and try to say its the drivers fault but in 99% of the cases

its not. If the brake wear was normal no one would be talking about it, You never hear someone

complaining about haveing to replace their front pads at 50K.

Hi

This is my first post

My best regards

I have a 07 ES350 and the rear brake pads were worn out at 19K miles which is unheard of for

a well built car, I also had to have the front rotors turned and the pads replaced at 10K.

My car now has about 30K and im going to look into finding non lexus brake parts for the front

next time I have brake service which will be soon as I have that same brake vibration that I

had at 10K.

I know for a fact that the accelerated brake wear that many notice on Lexus cars is not normal

but some will come on these forums and try to say its the drivers fault but in 99% of the cases

its not. If the brake wear was normal no one would be talking about it, You never hear someone

The ear brakes on the ES350 have a premature wear issue and sometimes even one pad will completly wear out before the other. This normally reasults in a loud noise when the car is in reverse. But wearing out the front pads at 10K Miles, that shoudl have been warrnty job. I have had to replace front pads and rotors at 8k Miles but thats because the customer lived on the beach and the excessive salt water abuse built up rust on the rotors that not only ate the pads up really quick but also warpped the rotors as well.

Hi

This is my first post

My best regards

had at 10K.

The ear brakes on the ES350 have a premature wear issue and sometimes even one pad will completly wear out before the other. This normally reasults in a loud noise when the car is in reverse. But wearing out the front pads at 10K Miles, that shoudl have been warrnty job. I have had to replace front pads and rotors at 8k Miles but thats because the customer lived on the beach and the excessive salt water abuse built up rust on the rotors that not only ate the pads up really quick but also warpped the rotors as well.

Mine was taken care under warranty, however I doubt they will continue to be covered under warranty

As far as salt water abuse I dont buy it, lots of people live by the ocean and are not haveing brake job's performed every 8k

Hi

This is my first post

My best regards

had at 10K.

Mine was taken care under warranty, however I doubt they will continue to be covered under warranty

As far as salt water abuse I dont buy it, lots of people live by the ocean and are not haveing brake job's performed every 8k

If you own the car for over a year, its parked and exposed to the salt water that entire time and you rearly drive it you would be supprised how much rust build up is there. Thats a common problem here for ppl who own multiple cars and live by the beach in South Florida.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

This is my first post

My best regards

had at 10K.

If you own the car for over a year, its parked and exposed to the salt water that entire time and you rearly drive it you would be supprised how much rust build up is there. Thats a common problem here for ppl who own multiple cars and live by the beach in South Florida.

Hi

This is my first post

My best regards

had at 10K.

FWIW, I just had the rotors turned and the front pads replaced at 14,000 miles. I baby the car, so it is not overuse. Was 'repaired' under warranty, as it should be. Seems like a design defect to me that brakes go so quickly that they do in the rotors as well.

Hi

This is my first post

My best regards

"FWIW, I just had the rotors turned and the front pads replaced at 14,000 miles. I baby the car, so it is not overuse. Was 'repaired' under warranty, as it should be. Seems like a design defect to me that brakes go so quickly that they do in the rotors as well."

I wouldn't say that. The brakes on most of the Nissans and BMWs are also fading before they should. If I was to guess I'd say they changed the compound of the pads to a semi-metalic/carbon composite which is probably why you're able to brake a lot better. Also take into account the weight of the car compared to Gen I, II, III LSs'. the analysis is based upon the fact that you or the dealer had to resurface the rotors, meaning they're biting more into them.