Rims - Lets See What You Got

Just picked up my 2nd Lexus ES300

2 months ago

Bought one for my mother, '97 Silver/Beige 67K 2 owners , $7500 cash Carfax verified.

Bought one for myself today, '98 Black/Gray 55K 1 owner, $9000 + tax (Dealership) Carfax verified.

Purpose is to replace my SUV gas guzzler as my daily driver backup vehicle.

I'm looking at rims and options right now to see what my best bets are for size.

I don't want to sacrifice TOO much ride quality , so 20" are out of the question.

I'm looking mainly at 17" and 18" options, so post em up and lets see those rides. B)

Forgot to mention, what Backspacing is needed for an ES300 all around ??

honestly, I don't know. My tire guy set me up with the enkies. He took care of the offset and the obtained the correct hub centering rings.

I want to say the ES offset is a 35mm but may be wrong. I would also say that the offset doesn't change with each year. I know the OEM 16" rims fit perfectly on a 2001 ES.

You can go to Tirerack.com and pose that question to them.

steviej

ES350 17" here.

:cheers:

You have any rubbing issues??

I noticed these are 1" wider then the stock rims that came on the '98 ES300 that I'm picking up.

15 x 6J width is stock. I was checking these GS350 rims out, but they are 7.5" wide rims.....not sure if a spacer is necessary

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SET-OF-OEM-...bayphotohosting

1999 ES300: Borbet type FS 18"x7.5 with Goodyear Eagle F1's 225/40ZR18. I took out the stock rims and put these in, no rubbing unless i have heavy people in the back and hit a pothole or a ditch. I didn't need spacers and i wish i put 19" rims since i'd fit perfectly.

post-50083-1212513920_thumb.jpgpost-50083-1212513980_thumb.jpgpost-50083-1212513998_thumb.jpg

Ninja Edit: By heavy i mean 3x 170lb+ people in the back.

ES350 17" here.

You have any rubbing issues??

I noticed these are 1" wider then the stock rims that came on the '98 ES300 that I'm picking up.

15 x 6J width is stock. I was checking these GS350 rims out, but they are 7.5" wide rims.....not sure if a spacer is necessary

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SET-OF-OEM-...bayphotohosting

Mine were 'plug & play' with the same offset as my previous alloys.

I was actually going to buy that exact set.....'hyper silver' but I did not like that vendor's attitude when I asked him a couple of questions.

There are lot's of choices if your going with an OE Lexus wheel.

• 4 weeks later...

Aye... Fellas I just got a Lexus ES300 for 4987.00 STEAL.... with92K.... I have a lot of money left over and want to put some rims and maybe tint windows. Im from Illinois but living from Arkansas for school and you can completely black out windows here. I was wondering what looks best and is thier anything else also.. wanting to put in dvd for my daughter.... Does rims take and tire size take away for mileage?

Thanks Boys.....Ma'a