Just Got A 2004 Ls 430

just got a 2004 LS 430 with 70k miles from a lexus dealership for $22k. added the platinum warranty which will cover me to 100k total vehicle miles. drove the car 350 miles home and got over 29mpg with AC running. unbelievable car- coming from a 1996 with 170k miles (still runs brand new), i'm very impressed with every aspect. i love the cooled seats, rear lighted vanity mirrors, xenon headlights, etc. hope this one serves me as well as the 96 has.

just got a 2004 LS 430 with 70k miles from a lexus dealership for $22k. added the platinum warranty which will cover me to 100k total vehicle miles. drove the car 350 miles home and got over 29mpg with AC running. unbelievable car- coming from a 1996 with 170k miles (still runs brand new), i'm very impressed with every aspect. i love the cooled seats, rear lighted vanity mirrors, xenon headlights, etc. hope this one serves me as well as the 96 has.

Congrats. I have a 96 which I'll likely be driving for the next few years. It only has about 98K on the clock and I just feel I'd be throwing away money to upgrade it right now, although every 430 I see tempts me, particulary since the prices are within my striking range. The biggest difference between the 430 and the gen 2 LS is all the luxury appointments. From what I can tell, the ride is pretty much the same. BTW, that's excellent fuel mileage...how the Lexus engineers pull this off is absolutely amazing.

Nice! the 430's are really clean, you planning on any mods? Wheels? Exhaust?

i'm not going to do anything other than upgrade the wheels to the 2004/2005/2006 sport rims (polished aluminum) and slightly tint the windows. i went for the base model (no navigation) but really want to change the wheels- to me, the wheels make the car. thanks for the responses.

Congrats on the buy! I just went on a little trip last night and got over 28 mpg in my 97 LS!!

Post some pics up soon I want to see this beauty! :cheers:

Congrats on getting your 430. :cheers: I've thought of moving up to a 430 myself before too long. Love the idea of cooled/seats seats. Still don't think I'll be giving up the 400. Runs perfect. So smooth that when I have some time I plan to try the "glasses filled with water" trick they used in the ads introducing the series back in '91. If it works I'll post a video of it. I also like the simplicity and lighter weight of the 400 series. Best mileage I've seen is 33 mpg. Must have had a tailwind and been on a slight grade going downhill because I've never reached that number again. I do 28 to 30 regularly and have hit 31 a couple of times since. Wonder if a 400 can be retrofitted with the 430 heated/cooled seats?