02 Es300 - Rear Windows Do Not Stay Up

I am having this problem with both the rear windows on my 2002 Lexus ES300. Whenever I try to raise them, they go up until they hit the top part of the door frame....and then they automatically roll down (as if the Jam Protection feature was activated).

In order for me to close them, I have to verrrryyyyyy slowly pull the button up numerous times, so that they go up in very small increments. This is the only way they close, and it is very tricky to get this right. This morning I was already late for a meeting at work and had to try this for like 10 minutes before they finally stopped in the close position :angry:

Any idea what could be causing this? I got this info from the Users Manual:

Jam protection function

During automatic raising operation or key off raising operation,

the window stops and is lowered if something gets caught

between the window and window frame.

If the window receives a strong impact, this function may work

even if nothing is caught.

Does anyone know how to reset the jam/pinch protection on these?

have you tried pulling the fuse and then reseating it for each of the rear windows. This may cause the programming to return to default.

steviej

steviej: I tried pulling and reseating the fuses, didn't help. Any other ideas? And as you can see from my other post today, I have much more serious issues to deal with now :( ( http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=48460 )

For reference for future readers of this thread: The rear window fuses are inside the cabin on the drivers side fuse box. Fuse #'s PWR. NO. 3 and PWR. NO. 4

steviej: I tried pulling and reseating the fuses, didn't help. Any other ideas? And as you can see from my other post today, I have much more serious issues to deal with now :( ( http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=48460 )

For reference for future readers of this thread: The rear window fuses are inside the cabin on the drivers side fuse box. Fuse #'s PWR. NO. 3 and PWR. NO. 4

I hate to mix threads, but were you having NAV/CD problems before you pulled these fuses and was your other issue subsequent to you pulling these fuses?

as stated in the other thread....get it checked out.

Something is up with your electrical system....maybe a short.

steviej

Sorry to mix threads again--but the NAV/CD problem has been resolved and it was unrelated to this issue.

Still having the window problem. I read somewhere that if you roll down the window and then hold the switch for 8 seconds, then roll it up fully and hold for 8 seconds, it resets the pinch protection. I tried and it didn't work.

Someone with access to FSM for the 2002 ES300, can you see if they have the reset procedure in there?