05 Ls430 Gas Mileage

skassamali

The website shows 16/23 for the LS, with annual fuel costs of $3500 assuming 4.16/gallon gas price. How accurate is that? Compared to a honking 4runner, on average, the LS and 4runner both get 18 mpg. Of course this assumes 45% hwy and 55% city....

For those that have 05 LS 430s, what does your trip computer tell you your mileage is?

I just finished a 2000 mile round trip visit to family in GA. I averaged nearly 25 mpg the entire trip. There were stretches on the trip where I got in excess of 27mpg. The extra gear in the 430 should result in even better gas mileage. That's the really great thing about these cars. They've got power but are miserly on the fuel. I love my LS!

The website shows 16/23 for the LS, with annual fuel costs of $3500 assuming 4.16/gallon gas price. How accurate is that? Compared to a honking 4runner, on average, the LS and 4runner both get 18 mpg. Of course this assumes 45% hwy and 55% city....

For those that have 05 LS 430s, what does your trip computer tell you your mileage is?

I have an '05 LS430.

15/16 city is accurate.

23 highway is not. 27mpg is closer to what you can get on stock 17s.

21 city/ 25-27 highway, 2004 LS430 with 17" wheels

I currently drive an 03 I35 that gets about 20 mpg. My commute is about 12 miles each way, and we frequent Houston quite a bit. I'd say I drive 45% city and 55% hwy...and I definitely don't have a heavy foot :-). With those stats in mind, I'm thinking I'll still be able to get 19mpg with the LS. And comparing to the mdx, most owners of the LS say they get better gas mileage than the official, whereas mdx owners say they get worse. Does anyone drive an MDX and an LS that can provide insight?

With all the ppl dumping SUVs, do you think the same will happen with V8 powered cars like the LS?

I currently drive an 03 I35 that gets about 20 mpg. My commute is about 12 miles each way, and we frequent Houston quite a bit. I'd say I drive 45% city and 55% hwy...and I definitely don't have a heavy foot :-). With those stats in mind, I'm thinking I'll still be able to get 19mpg with the LS. And comparing to the mdx, most owners of the LS say they get better gas mileage than the official, whereas mdx owners say they get worse. Does anyone drive an MDX and an LS that can provide insight?

With all the ppl dumping SUVs, do you think the same will happen with V8 powered cars like the LS?

Not many sport suspension LS430s were made. Give any Lexus dealer the VIN, they'll tell you what the options were on the car.

18" rims do not mean sport suspension.

I doubt you will get 19mpg given that mix of driving. Ask the dealer to borrow the car for a few days and see for yourself. Fill the tank, the car will tell you your gas mileage.

The valuations of the LS430 do not track SUVs. However, as the economy weakens there is likely a lower demand for luxury vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...

I get 23-25 overall.

Bought the 2005 LS430 with 30k miles on it last month. Overall average mileage was 22.4.

I drive the freeway every day and stay off the brakes.