My Nav Cpu Does Not Read Dvd

I bought a second hand NAV cpu and installed in my RX300 2001. My car does not have the NAV from factory, even when it has the screen, buttoms etc. I had to built my own harness and make te connections.

Now I have everything installed together with a rear view camera, Vais iPod adapter and video input for the nav screen.

The CPU looks like it works, going to diagnstics everything looks well, and the GPS readings are working well. Speed, position, everything goes well.

The prblem comes when the CPU, after choosing the language for the nav, the cpu gives me the message of "Cannot read DVD. Pls check DVD is correct". I tried several discs with to results, european and american.

What could be happening? Any ideas? How to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help,

The prblem comes when the CPU, after choosing the language for the nav, the cpu gives me the message of "Cannot read DVD. Pls check DVD is correct". I tried several discs with to results, european and american.

I can't be of much help with your problem, but others may be interested in my recent experience. I inserted a Gen 3 data 7.1 disk copy in my 02 SC430 and it has been running great for a couple of weeks now. Made another copy for our 01 LS430 and it also ran fine, for awhile. After about a week I started getting the can't read disk message. Tried another disk and on that one it resulted in the same message and never did load. So, I put the original 5.1 data disk back in and everything is fine now.

I read in the archives once that sometimes copies don't work because the laser head is weak and original DVD's are burned better. Also, someone said the latest data versions require stronger laser heads, like newer units. Perhaps, this is true, so I guess I will just stick with version 5.1 on the 2001 LS430. Anyone know if maybe it would tolerate a data version 6.1 easier?

I bought a second hand NAV cpu and installed in my RX300 2001. My car does not have the NAV from factory, even when it has the screen, buttoms etc. I had to built my own harness and make te connections.

Now I have everything installed together with a rear view camera, Vais iPod adapter and video input for the nav screen.

The CPU looks like it works, going to diagnstics everything looks well, and the GPS readings are working well. Speed, position, everything goes well.

Thanks for your help,

I also suffered same problem while I insert the Taiwan version DVD map disk to my US EMV.

failintaiwandvdnj5.jpg

It seems like the Navi ECU or EMV issue, however the solution is not available yet.

Where did your EMV come from ?? Map DVD not match the EMV ??

Thanks for your help,

I also suffered same problem while I insert the Taiwan version DVD map disk to my US EMV.

failintaiwandvdnj5.jpg

It seems like the Navi ECU or EMV issue, however the solution is not available yet.

My CPU is a DENSO one, from US, and I tried inserting Europe map and USA map. Same result. I will insert pictures later.

Thanks for your help,

failintaiwandvdnj5.jpg

It seems like the Navi ECU or EMV issue, however the solution is not availa

My CPU is a DENSO one, from US, and I tried inserting Europe map and USA map. Same result. I will insert pictures later.

as to taiwan the pictured screen i am guessing is a 5th generation gps screen from is250 . lexus gps computers are regionalized just like movie dvds around the world into 5 or so regions. since taiwan didnt have the navigation option in 2006 is250 there is no lexus map for taiwan . a seller in taiwan advertises that he can change both usa and japanese versions to work in taiwan. he does a complete retrofit ($8500.00 usa dollars). at that price i can see why you bought a usa version is250 nav system . however the usa version you bought has been compromised as it isnt even loading the usa version map in a usa computer. that means usually one thing . that the 5.1 version map that came in 2006 still could bring up the overide screen and someone pushed the loading button which moves the unit to another regiionnal version and would have to be reset by denso to work again. so you have 2 problems . how to make unit work in taiwan and how to reset the computer back to default region the usa. so even though i am an expert on diagnosis of lexus computer problems i do not have answers to repair of a 5th genration computer. denso gaurds its service manuals and have no service bullitins to lexus techs and has no repair facilities except thier own. there are denso programs that set the computer back to default original region but i dont have one for 5th genration.

as to fernado rx300 he also has the same 2 problems in his 2nd genration computer although in his case the lasers are probably going bad in that 8 year old computer first year of dvd map gps computer so instead of dvd not read because loading button pushed accideantally its not reading because laser is weak. better to buy a 3rd genration computer. also used computers with no warranty never work. better to buy one with a warranty.

Thanks very much for your explanation. I bought the CPU used and I am sure that has the problems you mention. Anyway I need the CPU to make the screen works for video purposes and for that it works. Now I have installed a baby camera (for the rear seats) and a rear view camera, as well as a video input. So I am happy. If I need a GPS in the future, I will go for a TomoTom or similar. Cheaper than a lexus one.

Here you have a couple of pictures of my baby and rear view camera. I can switch now among these two and Ipod video on my screen. The navigation does not work, but who cares living on an Island?

post-20589-1213016021_thumb.jpg

post-20589-1213016073_thumb.jpg

Here you have a couple of pictures of my baby and rear view camera. I can switch now among these two and Ipod video on my screen. The navigation does not work, but who cares living on an Island?

i knew you didnt live in miami so you really didnt need a working gps computer. yes you are right you need the cpu plugged in even a broken one to complete the avclan connection so the screen will work. the 2 camera idea is good. what aftermarket brand of video box did you use? pac or vaistech or gnet. ...........................................................................as far as tom tom working as well as lexus it doeasnt. when you lose tom tom gps signal which is often when going in a tunnel , or tall buildings or mountains the tom tom takes 2 minutes to reconnect to satelite. that wouldnt work well coming out of the brooklyn tunnel not knowing where your at for 2 minutes. also while a newer lexus has lost the gps signal and using the speed sensor for nav guidance it also knows which way you are turning as it has a steering input sensor also. no portable gps has those features. so comparison to tom tom is not even considered. also if a tom tom ends up working for 8 years it will be an aftermarket portable gps record but for lexus it is considered short lived. most nakamichi lexus stereo products still working after 19 years. also map updates for tom tom are still half the price of the entire unit 165.00 so no bargain on map updates for portable gps.............................................................................

.............................. also watch out for portables like tom tom losing dash attachment ansd falling off dash and breaking your navigation screen which is very common for gx470 lexus nav screens. i have already repaired 3 gx470 screens where portable gps falls off dash and breaks screen resulting in no temperature and ac control. also when your radio breaks you can glue a potable radio next to the tom tom . yes tom tom less expensive than a lexus navigation system but you get what you pay for which is also the difference between a toyota carolla and a lexus both products of the same company. the carolla deserves a tom tom the lexus deserves a factory nav. they are putting tom toms in low end toyota in japan now but they are built in the dash and work audio but are removable to use while hiking.

Thanks for your help,

failintaiwandvdnj5.jpg

It seems like the Navi ECU or EMV issue, however the solution is not availa

as to taiwan the pictured screen i am guessing is a 5th generation gps screen from is250 . lexus gps computers are regionalized just like movie dvds around the world into 5 or so regions. since taiwan didnt have the navigation option in 2006 is250 there is no lexus map for taiwan . a seller in taiwan advertises that he can change both usa and japanese versions to work in taiwan. he does a complete retrofit ($8500.00 usa dollars). at that price i can see why you bought a usa version is250 nav system . however the usa version you bought has been compromised as it isnt even loading the usa version map in a usa computer. that means usually one thing . that the 5.1 version map that came in 2006 still could bring up the overide screen and someone pushed the loading button which moves the unit to another regiionnal version and would have to be reset by denso to work again. so you have 2 problems . how to make unit work in taiwan and how to reset the computer back to default region the usa. so even though i am an expert on diagnosis of lexus computer problems i do not have answers to repair of a 5th genration computer. denso gaurds its service manuals and have no service bullitins to lexus techs and has no repair facilities except thier own. there are denso programs that set the computer back to default original region but i dont have one for 5th genration.

as to fernado rx300 he also has the same 2 problems in his 2nd genration computer although in his case the lasers are probably going bad in that 8 year old computer first year of dvd map gps computer so instead of dvd not read because loading button pushed accideantally its not reading because laser is weak. better to buy a 3rd genration computer. also used computers with no warranty never work. better to buy one with a warranty.

Yes, you are telling the right thing. This is the EMV from IS250, but I think the US EMV can still work well if the antenna is available.

Can you tell me who is the guy can make the complete retrofit for US EMV to work in Taiwan ? Maybe this guy can help me.

I use a navtool video adapter box for the video inputs, and a vaistech Ipod adapter for the Ipod.

I agree 100% with you when speaking about navigation computers. I´ve been driving a RX350 and a RH400h for a couple of weeks each and the navigation is from another planet. In my island we are plently of tunnels, and never lost the signal. Even more, when driving off maps (off road), you can make the system to memorize the way.