Tire Options

paullhuynh

Lexus promised me V rated Michelins, but ended up putting on H rated tires. They have offered to replace them with the V rated tires at no additional cost. Should I do that? The service guy is telling me that H rated tires are more comfortable and last longer. Is that true? I was replacing the Dunlop tires that only lasted 28,000 miles. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Also, it was $970 out the door for 4 tires. I was too lazy to shop around....

M 81 mph 130 km/h

N 87 mph 140km/h Temporary Spare Tires

P 93 mph 150 km/h

Q 99 mph 160 km/h Studless & Studdable Winter Tires

R 106 mph 170 km/h H.D. Light Truck Tires

S 112 mph 180 km/h Family Sedans & Vans

T 118 mph 190 km/h Family Sedans & Vans

U 124 mph 200 km/h

H 130 mph 210 km/h Sport Sedans & Coupes

V 149 mph 240 km/h Sport Sedans, Coupes & Sports Cars

H rated tend to be less agressive in pattern, most likely make better all-season tires. If you plan on hanging out in the SUB 130MPH range, I'd say go with H rated :)

You should be pretty happy with the H rated tires - unless you are planning on taking your LS to a track or doing some extreme driving!

H rating will typically be a better touring tire with the V rated tires used more for performance.

Agreed......you should not have any issues with the H speed rated rubber......generally speaking H speed tires usually have a longer treadlife than V rated.

:cheers:

I replaced my tires last year with H rated tires. They were cheaper than the V rated tires and I don't plan on going over 100 mph in the car. Ironically, the previous owner has S rated tires on the car. I paid about $ 500 for a set of 4

what about sizes? and stagger? I am about to lace my rear 18x8.5 rims with 255/35/R18 rubbers, I will post pics, that is a wide footprint! Can't wait. The fronts will be 235/40/R18, I am still at stock ride hight, getting ready for suspension drop soon...

what about sizes? and stagger? I am about to lace my rear 18x8.5 rims with 255/35/R18 rubbers, I will post pics, that is a wide footprint! Can't wait. The fronts will be 235/40/R18, I am still at stock ride hight, getting ready for suspension drop soon...

I'd be interested in seeing the pics. Doing the rims & tires without lowering and adding a body kit can look odd on an older series LS.

Lexus promised me V rated Michelins, but ended up putting on H rated tires. They have offered to replace them with the V rated tires at no additional cost. Should I do that? The service guy is telling me that H rated tires are more comfortable and last longer. Is that true? I was replacing the Dunlop tires that only lasted 28,000 miles. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Also, it was $970 out the door for 4 tires. I was too lazy to shop around....

I think you'll be happier with the H rated. V tires will have a heavier and harder belt compound under the tread which will be harder as well. I think you're ride won't be as compliant with the V rated. If you were in an M series bmr, I would say get the V. But with a cruiser like the LS, H should be a better fit.