Shifter Trim

Hello,

I just purchased a 2000 LS400 and it appears to be missing a little button of some sort on the trim surrounding the shifter. It's the button that is to the upper left of the actual shifter gate. I've looked and some pictures on the internet to see if I could figure out what is supposed to be there but I can't make out what it is. Right now I just have a little hole there. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

--Steven

Thanks for the info. That would make sense. The pictures I've seen it just looks like a little slot. Any ideas where I could get one? It sounds like this might be something I'd need to go to a junkyard for. It's no big deal I just don't like having a perfect interior except for this. Anyone on here parting out a 98-00 LS400?

Good luck finding an LS in a junk yard! :) hahaha! Maybe you can get one from a dealer??

Or better yet find someone with an LS and steal theirs, I don't think the shift lock cover is too hot of a commodity!

:cheers: