Did A Burnout In My Is300 And It Broke :( How?

larful

A Few days ago, I took my stock IS300 for a little fun wanted to use my girlfriends new video camera so I did a simple single tire fire doughnut and after I got down the road my car was making a very quiet Humming sound in timing with the revolution of the motor idling. So I got out peered under the car and tranny fluid was coming out at a pretty quick rate when I shut the car off it slowed down to a drip then to nothing . I limped the car home and got it into the shop not yet hearing much back about it more then it could be a seal? possibly How come my stock is300 cant take simple punishment what do you all think the problem could be? ill re post when I find out today how much it is to fix all I know so far is the leak is coming from the first part of the tranny that area right after the motor car runs drives shifts normal no problems there no clunks no explosions just a light humming and fluid after the burnout

VIDEO LINK Of the destruction

post-61811-1212071193_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I think you just blew pressure line, probably at the seal. You probably were going to loose that line later at some point anyway. I don't think your burnout is what caused it, as much as just exposed it.

Seal, yes popped out and fried my torque converter up...................................SIGH!!!! so now Im replacing that where's the cheapest site or place to get a torque converter should I just get a performance one while im at it ...

You can get a locked stock tc, or just get another stock tc for around $400.00. If your not adding a bunch of hp and torque then a stock one is fine. You should be able to get a used one for around 250-300 bucks.

You can get a locked stock tc, or just get another stock tc for around $400.00. If your not adding a bunch of hp and torque then a stock one is fine. You should be able to get a used one for around 250-300 bucks.

Thanks that helps Ya I was just thinking while I had it open to maybe put a upgraded one in vs. stock but I just need my car back on the road ASAP but this info helps me on the right track thanks