Gx470 Transmission Downshifts

lcorson

When going downhill at 35-50 MPH and lightly applying the brakes to maintain speed, the transmission downshifts from overdrive to 4th, often to 3rd. It will remain stuck in 4th or 3rd until I accelerate or manually move the shifter from "D" to "4", then back again to "D".

No car I've ever had does this, including my 2 Mercedes with electronically controlled transmission. I test drove the dealer's car and it did the same thing. I consider it a defect. Anyone else having the same problem?

Whatever. I'm glad for you two that you like it. Personally, I find it annoying to be stuck in third gear at the bottom of a hill going 40 miles an hour and the only two ways to make it upshift are (1) press the gas pedal over halfway to the floor and then release it, or (2) manually move the shifter to "4", then back to "D" in order to make it upshift.

If not a defect, then it's stupid design to negatively affect the driveability of the vehicle for the occasional benefit of those who occasionally tow trailers and can't read their manuals.

I like automatic transmissions. I like manual transmissions. I don't like this, which is apparently some geek's or lawyer's idea of how to make me a "better driver". Toyota should have documented this "feature" in the sales literature so that I could evaluate it prior to sale.

Or maybe he is a !Removed! moron. You the f*ck do you think you are talking *BLEEP* like that. You asked a question, we answered. If you don't want answers, don't ask the question.

And smart *ss it IS in the owner's manual if you would open your f*ckin eyes.

Next time I look at it I will even give you the page number.

so you WHATEVER. NEXT TIME DON'T ASK A QUESTION IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO EXCEPT THE ANSWER.

Or maybe he is a !Removed! moron. You the f*ck do you think you are talking *BLEEP* like that. You asked a question, we answered. If you don't want answers, don't ask the question.

And smart *ss it IS in the owner's manual if you would open your f*ckin eyes.

Next time I look at it I will even give you the page number.

so you WHATEVER. NEXT TIME DON'T ASK A QUESTION IF YOU ARE NOT READY TO EXCEPT THE ANSWER.

All responses are welcomed favorable or not. But your response to this topic is just completely disrespectful. In the future if you do not post in that manner actions will be taken to Ban you form this site. Again I point out all responses are welcome favorable or not, but not in the manner you posted.