Tires Recommendation?

seehack

I am now going for my next set of tires. I had the Michelin LTX before and now the Michelin Cross Terrain. Anyone try the Michelin Latitude HP Tour? Any idea if it is better than the LTX and Cross Terrain. Cross Terrain threads last like 20k longer than LTX. I drive in snow like 2-3 weekends and a few weekends on dirt road/mud a year. Appreciate any input.

I am now going for my next set of tires. I had the Michelin LTX before and now the Michelin Cross Terrain. Anyone try the Michelin Latitude HP Tour? Any idea if it is better than the LTX and Cross Terrain. Cross Terrain threads last like 20k longer than LTX. I drive in snow like 2-3 weekends and a few weekends on dirt road/mud a year. Appreciate any input.

I have had the Michelins but I love my Goodyear Triple Tread. They outperform the Michelins in all respects. Take a look at www.tirerack.com and read the reviews.

• 9 months later...

I ended up with General Grabber recommended on TireRack.com....no problems yet, $565 installed for 4....

I have had the Michelins but I love my Goodyear Triple Tread. They outperform the Michelins in all respects. Take a look at www.tirerack.com and read the reviews.

Had the Michelin LTX, Cross Terrain, and now I have the Latitude. Unfortunately I can't make a fair judgement with Cross Terrains since I only had them for 500miles or so until they were replaced due to a blow out. However, there is a significant improvement on the Latitude vs. the LTX. Mind you, the LTX were a great set IMHO, but the Latitude is bit smoother and more quieter. Ride Comfort is on-par with what I come to expect from Michelin and handling is noticibly better with the Latitude vs. LTX (especially in moderate to heavy snow). One thing that dissappointed me was that I do a fair amount of light off-roading and the LTX were better in rougher terrain. But, if you stick to paved roads the Latitude will have nothing but improvements.