15,000 Miles Maintanence

hey guys ... it's time for my 15K miles scheduled maintanence and a couple of Lexus dealers in my area are quoting me approx. $280 for getting the scheduled maintanence done. Does this quote sound reasonable? Or should I opt for just changing the oil and filters and ignore the other minor areas that Lexus recommends looking into while taking the car in for the scheduled maintanence? Any input would be appreciated!

hey guys ... it's time for my 15K miles scheduled maintanence and a couple of Lexus dealers in my area are quoting me approx. $280 for getting the scheduled maintanence done. Does this quote sound reasonable? Or should I opt for just changing the oil and filters and ignore the other minor areas that Lexus recommends looking into while taking the car in for the scheduled maintanence? Any input would be appreciated!

Get a price from a Toyota dealer.

I would caution you to get the complete list of what they intend to do. At 20K miles, they were going to charge me $139 to do oil & filter, top off fluids, and inspect brake pads. I opted for the $49 oil & filter because I can top off my own fluids and they were changing my pads out to the low-dust pads per the TSB anyway (warranty). So it appears that topping off the fluids would cost $80!

I JUST had my 15k mile service last friday. It cost me $300.99 (exactly) and I got the 15k mile service + buff & wax and some detail (they cleaned the inside too). So, I would say its a bit high unless there doing other stuff included.

Jeff.

They topped off all the fluids and stuff when I had the car in for the fuel line TSIB at no charge. I get all the oil changes at the local privately owned oil change place and do all my own filter changes with parts from Irontoad.

You let the dealer have "their guy" buff and wax your car? :o

It came back looking brand spanking new! I don't get why people give em a bad name.

Plus, I can't wash the thing for anything, I tried and tried and I leave streaks all over and I feel like I'm not doing a good job. If I can't even wash the damn thing, how am I going to expect to buf & wax it?? I've NEVER done these things before. Plus, All other places that wash and wax have mixed reviews when checking online... so I figured I'd give em a shot, came out good... whats the prob?

Jeff.

That is about what I just paid for the same thing - Sarasota, Florida. Before I left California, they qoted me around $600 for the same thing ....

Either way, its over priced, but its a Lexus !!