Brakes Sqeaking A Lot 1999 Gs

Good morning All,

I own a 1999 GS 300 in great shape. My brakes squeak constantly when I apply the brake pedal. I have taken it to two Lexus dealers and they both say nothing is wrong. Any ideas? It is embarassing.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same problem, and i fixed it by taking apart and cleaning the pads and the "anti-squeal" spacers behind the pads, and then applying a decent amount of brake lubricant (i used 2 packs... .98 a piece) between all the spacers.

• 2 weeks later...

can you detail exactly what to do?

i have the same problem coming from the front pads and it is driving me crazy.

are there supposed to be shims behind the front pads? i don't think there are any shims in mine.

help please :cries:

ok calm down........lol jk

its just a packet of grease essentially that you apply to the back of the pads! its supposed to help stop the squeals but if your pads are out that wont stop it!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

ok calm down........lol jk

its just a packet of grease essentially that you apply to the back of the pads! its supposed to help stop the squeals but if your pads are out that wont stop it!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian

i tried the grease with no help. the pads are fairly new. the shims are missing so i'll put them on first and see if that helps. next i'll change the pads with oem pads.