Hello All. Just Joined

WHATCAR

Hello everybody. I have been searching for a RWD car. Many choices out there. I have considerd the IS 350 among others. I am here to get as much information as I can. I have been considering the IS 350, G37S, BMW 135i, and a few others.

Welcome to the LOC.

The IS 350 is the way to go. Faster than the G37S, more room, and nicer looking. The BMW 135 isn't anywhere near as much car, and the few others aren't worth mentioning. :)

I think the Is 350 has alot more class when you pull up in it verses the looks of the BMW 135. Also, the 135 is a first year model, and BMW has allways had electrical issues, and bearing problems. The 135 is new, so I can't say these are issues with that model, but it is pretty general. I also think about 2-5 years from now, the IS 350 has alot more staying appeal. I just don't like the new design of the BMW's as much as the previous model design. I like the M3, M5, and M6 and the SC, but all the series cars look out of place. Like the 3 series, and 6 series don't look anywhere near as nice as the M series flagship for each class.

The new 1 series is tiny. I personally don't really like BMW all that much. Not near as reliable as Lexus in the first place PLUS it's a brand new car so there will still be bugs to work out of it.

IS350 is the way to go man B) You will never regret it for 1 second!

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forum! :cheers:

Thankyou for the replys. I am doing alot of research on several cars. I intend on trading-in or selling my 07 Civic Si sedan next Feb 09. I just wish Lexus offered a manual with the IS 350. I had 3 different cars from 06-07 all being automatics and got really bored with them. I am a driver and want to have fun. The next car I purchase must be RWD and have enough power to thrill me. If my Si had another 100hp and double the torque I might keep it. I wonder if Lexus will offer a manual with the IS 350 in the near future?

Thankyou all and have a great day!!!

I forgot to mention my Avatar has a 2007 Acura TL Type-S. I sold it and bought a 2007 Civic Si sedan because I wanted a fun car with a manual. The TL-S was a great car but I got really bored with it. I did about $7k in mods then got rid of it.

Thought about an Altima coupe or Z?? or G37???

My experiences with nissan/infiniti is that they are very much driver's cars :)

Or you could just buck up and go with an IS-F B) hahaha

Thought about an Altima coupe or Z?? or G37???

My experiences with nissan/infiniti is that they are very much driver's cars :)

Or you could just buck up and go with an IS-F B) hahaha

YAH I have. I have looked at the EVO X, too stiff. STI bad reviews, handling is poor. G37S, too heavy, bad mpg, kind of slow. I don't like the Altima coupe at all. The 350Z is nice, but the interior is lacking, I don't like it.

My only real choices are the 135i manual sport, Lexus IS 350, wish it had a manual. The G37S was on my list but its about 1 second slower to 60 then the 135i, plus its very heavy at 3,850 pounds. The Z will be out soon as a 370Z with less weight, shorter, and more HP. I just hope they do something with the lacking interior.

I was just about to say wait until 2010 370Z comes out those things are looking good!

I hate to even bring up this name, but have you checked out any Audis? The S4R is pretty nice!! but it's still a VW B) haha

I was just about to say wait until 2010 370Z comes out those things are looking good!

I hate to even bring up this name, but have you checked out any Audis? The S4R is pretty nice!! but it's still a VW B) haha

Do you mean RS4 ? The RS4 is really nice, but its $73k

I thought it was pretty easy to see the IS 350 is best car in this range if your looking for a performance sedan. There really are only a few. The IS 350, Acura TLS, BMW 3 Series, MB C class, Infinity G37 sedan, ( but everyone includes the coupe also.), Audi A4, Jaguar X-type, Saab 9-3,and maybe stretch the Volvo S60 in there.

The GTR is a bad boy from emblem to tailpipe. BUt it's going to be an 80K car!! You can get 2 IS350's for that! But, if I were going to spending 80K on a car, I would seriously look at this car. Under 45K though, the IS 350 is king.

The new Nissan GT-R is pretty wild too. Just a little to much $$$$, on par with the IS-F. But it supposed to be fast and drive like a true racing machine.

THE GT-R BLOWS THE ISF AWAY BIG TIME !!! Sorry for the caps, this is NO comparison.

I thought it was pretty easy to see the IS 350 is best car in this range if your looking for a performance sedan. There really are only a few. The IS 350, Acura TLS, BMW 3 Series, MB C class, Infinity G37 sedan, ( but everyone includes the coupe also.), Audi A4, Jaguar X-type, Saab 9-3,and maybe stretch the Volvo S60 in there.

I am not looking for a specific sedan/coupe. But in my original post I explained how I am looking for a quick/fast RWD or AWD car. I had a 2007 Acura TL Type S fully modded, I had an automatic trans and was very bored with that. I will never buy a Mercedes. The G37S is a heavy pig/bad mpg. The A4 is slow, I don't like Jag's, I would NEVER buy a Saab or Volvo.

Its either a 135i coupe manual.

335i coupe manual.

IS 350 with an auto(YUK)

I also looked at the new A5 but its slow and TOO expensive with the 2 most needed options, plus its too hot to get anything off MSRP.

I don't mind having a sedan(4 doors I don't need) if it looks good. If Lexus made an IS 350 coupe with a manual I think my decision would already be made up. HECK YAH !!! COME ON LEXUS !!!

I am not looking for a specific sedan/coupe. But in my original post I explained how I am looking for a quick/fast RWD or AWD car. I had a 2007 Acura TL Type S fully modded, I had an automatic trans and was very bored with that. I will never buy a Mercedes. The G37S is a heavy pig/bad mpg. The A4 is slow, I don't like Jag's, I would NEVER buy a Saab or Volvo.

Its either a 135i coupe manual.

335i coupe manual.

IS 350 with an auto(YUK)

I also looked at the new A5 but its slow and TOO expensive with the 2 most needed options, plus its too hot to get anything off MSRP.

I don't mind having a sedan(4 doors I don't need) if it looks good. If Lexus made an IS 350 coupe with a manual I think my decision would already be made up. HECK YAH !!! COME ON LEXUS !!!

OK, you got opinions from some knowledgeable folks. Now go out and drive the cars on your short list.

The paddle shifter on the IS is supposed to be quite nice, similar to a stick, but lacking the possibility of missing a shift or grinding gears. Of course, that is coming from a LOC member that has not driven the car.

My old Porsche 944 was manual and that is an advantage in an underpowered car where catching a gear is essential to performance driving. The cars you are discussing are not at all underpowered. Porsche even went to the Tiptronic in their higher HP models. Others might comment on the workings of that transmission better than I can.

Now that I don't do much white-knuckle driving the IS-F looks to be a nice compromise of raw power and grandpa's ride. No serious looking at one just yet - let them work out the kinks for a few years. Then it looks like a go.

Let us know what you find and finally decide. Talk is cheap (but ultimately is the purpose of this site).

The new Nissan GT-R is pretty wild too. Just a little to much $$$$, on par with the IS-F. But it supposed to be fast and drive like a true racing machine.

THE GT-R BLOWS THE ISF AWAY BIG TIME !!! Sorry for the caps, this is NO comparison.

Just comparing it money wise, car wise no comparison.