06 Gs300 Oem Rims

They will fit. I am actually thinking of doing the same thing myself. I like the G-spider style rims.

You will have to pop for another set of TPMS sensors or transfer the ones you have in the 17s to the 18s.

steviej

They will fit. I am actually thinking of doing the same thing myself. I like the G-spider style rims.

You will have to pop for another set of TPMS sensors or transfer the ones you have in the 17s to the 18s.

steviej

Is transferring the sensors an easy process? where exactly are they located?

They are built into the valve stems. Most tire shops are capable of tranferring them when they mount the new tires, but it may cost you a little more because they have to dismount the current tire to get them out. The 06 GS is actually capable of having 2 sets of sensors registered in the computer. Your lexus dealer will have to register the second set into the computer. Then when you swap tires you just hit the button under the glove compartment. (this is all in your manual).

The only downside to the second set of sensors is that they cost over $100 each. :angry:

steviej

They are built into the valve stems. Most tire shops are capable of tranferring them when they mount the new tires, but it may cost you a little more because they have to dismount the current tire to get them out. The 06 GS is actually capable of having 2 sets of sensors registered in the computer. Your lexus dealer will have to register the second set into the computer. Then when you swap tires you just hit the button under the glove compartment. (this is all in your manual).

The only downside to the second set of sensors is that they cost over $100 each. :angry:

steviej

Thanks stevej. Anyway I can just mount the new wheels and tires without installing the sensors? I know this will probably set off the low tire pressure indicator in the dashboard.

Thanks stevej. Anyway I can just mount the new wheels and tires without installing the sensors? I know this will probably set off the low tire pressure indicator in the dashboard.

You are absolutely right. If you don't mind the tire and ! warning light, then you really don't have a problem.

Personally, it would bug the crap out of me in about three minutes, but that is just my OCD.

steviej