Tires For Es300

Be sure to look at the date the tires were manufactured. There's a 4 digit code on the tire. First 2 digits are the week and last 2 (98; 99; 00; 01; etc.) are the year when the tires were made. Don't buy old tires being sold as new.

Ed

If you can get a set of Michelin Pilot Exaltos A/S then go for it. I little less expensive than the Primacy's but maybe not as quiet.

Great traction in light snow and heavy rain.

steviej

hello I just got a set of pilot exaltos on my 04 es. great tire, car rides better then new with 50000 miles. stock size, v rated. very quiet. went to discount tire, good price great service. helps when the sales person drives a Lexus.

Tim

helps when the sales person drives a Lexus.

You sure that was a great price? ;) Tire salesmen driving a Lexus...

I had my house painted about a year ago. I was talking with the guy and we were talking about cars. He was telling me how much he loves his new Mercedes E550. I was a lil shocked LOL

Those Yoko's are definately decent and fairly reasonably priced. I just put a set of Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred's on (and swear by them) as I do not have the room, nor funds to invest in a set of winter tires/wheels any time soon. They too perform extremely well in heavy rain & most winter weather.

The other Michelin choices above are also excellent suggestions. Let us know what you decide.

:cheers:

Those Yoko's are definately decent and fairly reasonably priced. I just put a set of Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred's on (and swear by them) as I do not have the room, nor funds to invest in a set of winter tires/wheels any time soon. They too perform extremely well in heavy rain & most winter weather.

The other Michelin choices above are also excellent suggestions. Let us know what you decide.

I am lookin to replace the tires on my '05 ES 330. I previously had a set of Good Year Assurance tires on a different vehicle and loved them I read a review on a differnt site and it said there was alot of road noise with these tires on a Lexus. I live in Colorado, so need good traction for the snow...any reccomendations??Thanks!

I need to replace the OEM tires on my 02 ES300. Lots of options, just interested in real world experiences from forum members and their recommendations

Get the Michelin Primacy MXV4 Tires. The cost is high but the ride, control, wet traction, are worth every penny. I have a 1997 that has used Goodyear, Pirelli, and Toyo tires but the Michelins are hands down the best tire I have used. We put 30K a year on the car and when you drive that much a good tire makes a huge difference. If cash is tight, watch for sales. I picked mine up at NTB for a buy three and get one free sale.

Best of luck.

helps when the sales person drives a Lexus.

You sure that was a great price? ;) Tire salesmen driving a Lexus...

I had my house painted about a year ago. I was talking with the guy and we were talking about cars. He was telling me how much he loves his new Mercedes E550. I was a lil shocked LOL

good price not great. best i could find in my area. he drives a gs 300. something wrong with tire salesmen drivng a lexus?

tim

I need to replace the OEM tires on my 02 ES300. Lots of options, just interested in real world experiences from forum members and their recommendations

I recently put a set of Bridgestone Potenza G009s on my '00 ES300 and a set of Firestone Firehawks on my wife's '05 ES330. The Firestones seem a little quieter, but I like the looks of the G009s better. Both are rated highly on the Tirerack web site.

dave t

I am lookin to replace the tires on my '05 ES 330. I previously had a set of Good Year Assurance tires on a different vehicle and loved them I read a review on a differnt site and it said there was alot of road noise with these tires on a Lexus. I live in Colorado, so need good traction for the snow...any reccomendations??Thanks!

I've heard some mention about the tire noise from the Triple Tred's......this baffles me simply because this is my 4th set in as many cars (2 Lexi & 2 Subaru's). When the tires have the correct air pressure & are properly aligned, there is no tire noise whatsoever. :rolleyes:

For an all season tire, you won't do much better in your neck of the woods for snow traction than the TT's.....the Nokian WR All weather plus are probably slightly better overall for snow......but now we can talk about road noise with these 'shoes'. ;)

Considering your in CO, I would suggest a good set of winter tires/wheels.......they are worth their weight in gold.

I've heard some mention about the tire noise from the Triple Tred's......this baffles me simply because this is my 4th set in as many cars (2 Lexi & 2 Subaru's).

Bren,

Don't forget road surface. That plays alot in the noise. My friend has Trip Tred's on his Avalon and on some roads around here, they are extremely loud and other roads they are very quiet, but all tires are subject to this variation.

As for the Yoko Avids, I haven't read a report yet that doesn't state that these get louder with time, usually by 10k miles.

steviej

Bren,

Don't forget road surface. That plays alot in the noise. My friend has Trip Tred's on his Avalon and on some roads around here, they are extremely loud and other roads they are very quiet, but all tires are subject to this variation.

steviej

Understood & agreed Steve......would you say your friend overall is pleased with his TT's though?

Understood & agreed Steve......would you say your friend overall is pleased with his TT's though?

I can't answer that because he is not a car buff like us. As long as it rolls he is happy.

I on the other hand like them, but I always seem to buy a car that has a tire size that the TT doesn't come in.

steviej

good price not great. best i could find in my area. he drives a gs 300. something wrong with tire salesmen drivng a lexus?

tim

It was a joke, lighten up.

sorry sw03 es. I know I need to lighten up. you have been a great help to me and many other people on this site. my 04 es is the beat car I have ever owned, and its paid off with 50000 miles and drives beter then new with the new tires. why doesn't Lexus dealers offer better tires on new cars? I had dunlop sport 5000 v rated tires when I bought it and they sucked! You have a great day and thanks!

tim

tim

It was a joke, lighten up.

why doesn't Lexus dealers offer better tires on new cars? I had dunlop sport 5000 v rated tires when I bought it and they sucked! You have a great day and thanks!

tim

Because Lexus (and all automakers for that matter) are generally much more concerned about meeting CAFE standards with low rolling resistance & poor traction rubber. Safety & control is quite a bit lower on their list. ;) That's not to say that they don't put some decent tires on some of their models......just not the majority of them.

Because Lexus (and all automakers for that matter) are generally much more concerned about meeting CAFE standards with low rolling resistance & poor traction rubber. Safety & control is quite a bit lower on their list. ;) That's not to say that they don't put some decent tires on some of their models......just not the majority of them.

don't forget quiet. They like quiet tires to excentuate the quietness of the vehicle when you test drive.

The Bridgestone Potenza RE92 was one of the quietest tires I have ever ridden on, however, it was THE worst in rain and snow traction I have ever owned.

I have heard similar gripes on the Michelin Energy MXV4s.

steviej

I have had the Michelin Primacy for about a year on my 2000 Es 300 and hands down they are the best tires I have owned. I used to use the energy series but they lasted only about 30K miles. These are rated for 60K miles and after driving 20K they do have 2/3 tread depth left. They are on the pricey side but well worth it. Excellent, excellent tires. Firm, smooth ride with little noise and excellent control

Excellent, excellent tires. Firm, smooth ride with little noise and excellent control

can you report on their traction in light to moderate snow? I would assume because you are in San Ant. TX, that you will not.

How is the rain/wet traction?

steviej

I recieved the michelin mxvs when I purchased my 2005 es330. I was not pleased with the snow traction. The next winter I put on Firestone Blizzaks and can tell you that it is like driving a 4 wheel drive truck! Snowstorms and unplowed back roads nevered stopped me. BTW, the michelins work well in the rain and ride smoother than the snows.