Pcv Valve

I must be the dumbest Lexus owner in history ! I bought a new pcv valve for my 98 SC400 and figured it would take about 5 minutes to change it. Here's the problem, I can't find it ! It should be on the drivers side valve cover but I must be blind because I can't see it anywhere. Can someone take a picture of their engine and maybe put some arrows on the picture to show me where it's located.

Thanks...

I must be the dumbest Lexus owner in history ! I bought a new pcv valve for my 98 SC400 and figured it would take about 5 minutes to change it. Here's the problem, I can't find it ! It should be on the drivers side valve cover but I must be blind because I can't see it anywhere. Can someone take a picture of their engine and maybe put some arrows on the picture to show me where it's located.

Thanks...

No picture, but on the left valve cover, look for the black hose running into the valve cover. The PCV valve is attached to the end of this black hose and the valve cover. If you take off the hose, just tug and pull on the PCV valve until it comes off the valve cover. After you get it off, if you hear the single "ball bearing" inside loose when you shake it, your PCV valve is still good. I have a 92SC400 but I imagine the engine hasn't changed much between the 92 and the 98 SC400.

I thought it would be that easy as well, but, there are hoses running everywhere. The new PCV valve I bought has a 90 degree bend and I cant see where it would even fit on any of the hoses. Maybe I got the wrong PCV valve ?

I thought it would be that easy as well, but, there are hoses running everywhere. The new PCV valve I bought has a 90 degree bend and I cant see where it would even fit on any of the hoses. Maybe I got the wrong PCV valve ?

If you open the hood, look on the right side of the engine where you have the oil filling cup, then you have the oil dipstick, and then transmission red dipstick, it is right above transmission dipstick! there is a rubber fitting that sits inside valve cover . here is the link to procedure.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=14713

Best

IF

Ok, I looked and I still cant see it ! I have taken a few pictures of the drivers side of the engine showing the valve cover. If anyone can insert arrows or something and show me where this thing is I would greatly appreciate it....

Michael

post-41052-1212689554_thumb.jpg

post-41052-1212689591_thumb.jpg

post-41052-1212689662_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going to the "stealership" and ask them what kind of engine that is. I am not good with this kind of thing (in case you haven't noticed..hahahaha) and I will be pretty ticked off if the engine was swapped out ! In any case, shouldn't there still be a PCV valve on that side of the engine in the valve cover ?

Michael