2002 Lexus Rx300

david rx300

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME OUT, I GOT A 2002 LEXUSE RX300, ON MY NAVIGATION DISPLAY SHOW NO DISK DETECTED. AND I BEEN TRYING UNPLUG THE POWER AND LET IT SIT FOR HOURS AND REPLUG, IT DID SHOW ON THE NAV SCEEN SAID IT UPDATING WHEN YOU START UP THE CAR. AND IT STILL SHOW ON THE DISPLAY SAID NO DISK DETECTED. I CHECK THE DISK IS GOOD NO DAMAGE TO IT. AND THE DISK # MATCH THE NAV ECU #. IT JUST STOP WORKING FOR ME ABOUT 2 DAYS. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO. TO FIX IT. PLAESE HELP

Well, first of all, welcome to the LOC.

Second, You shouldn't type in forums with the caps lock on. Everyone thinks your screaming at them, and it's considered rude.

As for the nav disc, I've heard of booting issues alot. Maybe take it to your local dealership and show them what is happening. I'm sure they will give you hand with that. I can't see the disc, or see what your doing to be able to be any help here.

thanks for the help, sorry about the cap lock. will i did take it to the dealership and they said i need to replace the ecu, that would be around $1600. that is to much $$, and i am trying look for use one and still will cost me around $800 + the updated dvd. do u have any info i can find a good deal on a use nav ECU. or any idea of repairing the one i have. everything i check on the system is working it just keep telling me no disk detected. take to the dealership mean $$ down the drain.

• 2 months later...

I also have a 2002 RX 300 and have experienced the same problem. My dealer told me that the ECU would have to be replaced at a cost around $1,100. They did not even take the time to look at it. The service technician told me this was the second 2002 RX 300 she saw that day with the exact same problem. Could these units really have a shelf life of just 6 years?

My RX300 nav system started giving me the same disk read error yesterday. If it's a 6 year shelf life, mine is right on schedule.

A voice mail was left today with my Lexus service dept. describing the problem. The call wasn't returned.

• 2 weeks later...

:o

I also have a 2002 RX with the same problem. Just started "No Dish Detected". My guess is that the LASER that reads the DVD died. Does anyone FIX these? Technically, it just a DVD player. Same hardware as any other DVD player.

FYI.

The DVD player is located to the right of the spear tire BEHIND and ABOVE the jack.