Advice

Hi. I just bought an '04 ES330. It's black on black with the cherry wood interior and navigation. I LOVE IT! Anyways, I'm going to be putting rims and tires on it, but I've heard some rumors about having to go to the Lexus dealership to get it balanced or something? Is this true? Also...can anyone tell me what the biggest size rim/tire combo I can go with would be? I was wanting to put 20" rims on it but I'm not sure if they'd be too big?

Also, one last question, is there a way to permanently disable the security on the navigation? I know how to temporarily do it but it resets once the car is turned off!

Thanks so much, as you can probably tell, I'm so excited about my new car!!!

you absolutely do not have to have the Lexus dealership mount and balance any tires and rims you buy. The only thing you have to have the Lexus dealer do is register any tire pressure monitor sensors into your ECU......if your car has that option. The 04 ES did not come with this feature.

20s may make it look like a mud buggy. 19s are about as big as I would go.

I put a set of 18s on my 02 ES and they looked classy. As a matter of fact, I just found out that they won't go on my GS so I am about to put them up in the Buy and Sell forum for short money. They will fit the ES perfectly.

steviej