Lexus Telemarketing

As a customer and owner of a new LS460 I guess Lexus has a right to call me. I fell for this on our last Lexus. Some one calls representing them selves as Lexus. Dealer of Corporate I don't know. Then they want 4 minutes of your time for a survey. Makes one feel special?. Not me and it's a pita.

They called many times then I had a big problem with service at dealer. I got charged for wheel alignments I never got. Ruined a set of tires over a years time. I caught them cold because the last time I took the car in for the alignment I marked the suspensions parts. Inspected after the so call alignment and sure enough never touched.

So sure enough Lexus calls and goes through the phony survey bit again. This time I not only told them about the alignment rip off but the fact that the bathroom was dirty and they had no towels. Never heard a thing from them again. So much forr their sales/marketing survey tactics.

We've had our new LS460 for some time now. No really awful problems like wind noise etc. I don't like the seats and the tire pressure thingey is about 3 lbs off on one wheel. Dealer says tough, as to be expected. Nice car and I'm glad we bought it but just typical car service.

So here comes the Lexus telemarketer bothering us at a bad time as usual. "Can I have 4 minutes of your time for a "he says. Nope says I, put my name on your do not call list. End of call, no apology for the disturbance. I noted the time and date of the call and If they call again it goes to our states attorney general.

Ever get calls from these guys and what to you do?

As a customer and owner of a new LS460 I guess Lexus has a right to call me. I fell for this on our last Lexus. Some one calls representing them selves as Lexus. Dealer of Corporate I don't know. Then they want 4 minutes of your time for a survey. Makes one feel special?. Not me and it's a pita.

Ever get calls from these guys and what to you do?

Archie,

Lexus uses those calls to screen unhappy customers from posting unfavorable ratings at dealerships. After every service visit at my dealer, someone from the dealer will call to ask is I was happy with the service. If I say yes, a couple days later I get a call or survey from Lexus USA to rate my dealer (which will be favorable of course). If I say no, I was unhappy with the service, I never get a followup call from Lexus USA to rate my service experience. In that way, the dealer ratings are skewed in favor of only favorable ratings. Therefore, all the plaques and crap you see on their walls for great service mean absolutely nothing.