Power Steering Leak

corleone

I purchase ES 300 (74k) month ago with extended 36K miles warranty ($100 deductible).

In last week something is leaking. To me is engine coolant (taste same). I went to replace oil and filter and ask them to take a look. This is what I get back:

74925 JAD3183/CA4127 Performed 31 PT Inspection recommend tranny flush, wiper inserts, front and rear struts recommend fuel filter, injector flush, top engine decarb, throttle body service-if not done in last 15K miles power steering leak-bad, valve cover leak, tranny pan gasket leak, and maybe more but engine needs cleaning to better diagnose leaks BK80, RBK60, FRONT T7, LR T4, RR T3.

Now, I call to schedule service to fix the problem, and they told me that if whatever is wrong is not covered by warranty they will charge me $99 for finding a problem. I have no way to find out if is covered or not before checking with them.

If is power steering leaking, is that covered by extended warranty?

Thank You.

shove that to the sales manager...threaten them you will cancel the deal if they don't want to fix it for free....

it is sad, but in automative sales world....when dealing with the con artists...it is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease...

What deal to cancel? Extended warranty? I don't think I can return the car.

I think I will cancel warranty anyhow.

One more qusetion, should I go to lexus or toyota service or any mechanic can fix that?

Anybody know good mechanic in Phoenix area?

Thank You.

Ya, Toyota can do it no problem. That's who has done my service. It sounds like some of it isn't life threatening yet... maybe you can do a little at a time for now. Your looking at $400-500 for the power steering pump, and the valve covers are about $400 as well. Then I would just do a tranny flush the same they do the leaky gasket?? I just went through it myself.

You're not alone. P/S pump started leaking last spring on my '96 at around 90K miles, had the dealer install a remanufactured unit for $611 (parts and labor). Now, my engine started leaking oil about a month ago (97K miles), and it's in the shop as I write this, waiting to have the seals inspected (and likely replaced). At least I've got an '02 as a loaner (gorgeous interior, but I prefer the insta-torque mechanical throttle and the sound system on my '96 (loaner car has the 86W base stereo, I'm sure the Levinson blows the doors off my '96 Pioneer system). The heated seats on the '02 work a lot faster than the '96, I must say)

Well, this is funny.

I went to dealer to check for extended coverage that I purchase. Instead of Gold and 3 years/36.000 miles that I was told on day when contract is signed I have Bronze and 6 months coverage.

Answer: "Sorry, our mistake, '92 can not be covered more than 6 months"

Now, I can cancel extended warranty, but $1700 will be returned to bank and I will endup paying same monthly payment but for about 5 months less.

Crazy world.