99 Gs300

hi my name is xavier...i've had my 99 GS300 for a year now and I love it...I haven't had any problems with it until now and its my first time on here and I need some help...my car was making a funny noise and when I got to work my car did not want to turn OFF..i took key out and still kept running finally the noise got louder and turned off but it started smoking a LOT!..I actually thought it was going to catch on fire..I checked all wires oil everything I could and it all seems fine..now the car will not start..any help would be much appreciated..thanks.

hi my name is xavier...i've had my 99 GS300 for a year now and I love it...I haven't had any problems with it until now and its my first time on here and I need some help...my car was making a funny noise and when I got to work my car did not want to turn OFF..i took key out and still kept running finally the noise got louder and turned off but it started smoking a LOT!..I actually thought it was going to catch on fire..I checked all wires oil everything I could and it all seems fine..now the car will not start..any help would be much appreciated..thanks.

Your starter stayed ingaged and it is fried. Good luck.

BP

someplaces will rebuild them..........look in the phone book for a armature building! or a alternator rebuild/repair shop! but you might wanna double check thats your problem first! might be able to get a used one from a wrecked/junked gs300 or a supra i think only the n/a supra will work BUT the TT model's starter might work! just look into that. hope that helps some!

brian