A/c Not Working

my a/c just stopped working i tried it for the first time yesterday ...worked fine last summer anyone know how much to fix?? THanks

Naturally, the cost will depend on the problem - first thing is to try to narrow it down. First check fuses - one of the most likely culprits. Applicable fuses and location will be identified in the owner's manual. Another relatively common cause of A/C problems is the climate control module in the console. Check whether the climate display is blacked out or is still legible, and whether the the LEDs in the ON/OFF and FAN controls light and actually function (can you control fan speed, for example). Another possibility is low freon - the system is protected against low freon by a low pressure detector switch....if the freon pressure drops below a certain point, the A/C system will shut down for protection. First check for a burned fuse, second for a blackened climate display and functional controls, and third have the system checked for freon before assuming any major issues - especially if it was working last season.

Is the compressor turning? also is the A/C LED on? Is your climate control blowing warm or cold air, and off course answer the questions from above?

Your a/c can definitely work with a blackened readout. My screen's been

gone for a while without affecting the operation of all the switches

and functions. Just remember what your last setting was and that each

click adjusts the temp in half degrees. To check if the compressor is

working, open the hood and stand in front of the car while someone

pushes the a/c switch. You should hear the compressor come on. If it

comes on for a short cycle then turns off, you are likely low on

refrigerant. If it doesn't come on at all, then you'll have to do some

testing procedures as tomj suggests. Common problem with the a/c is the

compressor.

my a/c just stopped working i tried it for the first time yesterday ...worked fine last summer anyone know how much to fix?? THanks

the climate display is not really legible anymore it's almost like a black smear..its hard to read

Hi, I have the same problem as you, it has a huge black smear over 70% of the lcd. If you leave the car under sun for a couple of hours the LCD will be clear again, i guess the lcd cristals are influenced by temperature. B)

Then you can read the diagnostic codes. :rolleyes:

Good Luck

IF

the climate display is not really legible anymore it's almost like a black smear..its hard to read

Hi, I have the same problem as you, it has a huge black smear over 70% of the lcd. If you leave the car under sun for a couple of hours the LCD will be clear again, i guess the lcd cristals are influenced by temperature. B)

Then you can read the diagnostic codes. :rolleyes:

Good Luck

IF

THanks all you guys for all your help and advice. TUrned it on this morning and I can hear the compressor, it was cool out about 70 and it was blowing cold air. Weird?? The other afternoon it was about 85 ad the air wouldnt get cold. So probably the refrigerant huh? You guys been a big help!

THanks all you guys for all your help and advice. TUrned it on this morning and I can hear the compressor, it was cool out about 70 and it was blowing cold air. Weird?? The other afternoon it was about 85 ad the air wouldnt get cold. So probably the refrigerant huh? You guys been a big help!

If you're getting different responses at different temps, then I would check your temp sensors. Topping off the refrigerant also helps if you're low. :cheers: