Engine Stop Running After Start

AhMing

My dad Rx300 got problem while starting the engine. This problem happens randomly. When the engine is start, it will stop unless i give it gas. I suspect is starter problem, but it seem not as the engine will continue running if i give it gas, and stop when i leave my leg on pedal. But once the car start normally, it never cause any problem on the road, never engine die when stop in D or P mode. Anyone can tell me about the solution?

My dad Rx300 got problem while starting the engine. This problem happens randomly. When the engine is start, it will stop unless i give it gas. I suspect is starter problem, but it seem not as the engine will continue running if i give it gas, and stop when i leave my leg on pedal. But once the car start normally, it never cause any problem on the road, never engine die when stop in D or P mode. Anyone can tell me about the solution?

You need to clean the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV). Do a search, or click on the pinned starting problem thread at the top of this page.