How To Remove Icons From The Screen

Gravity

I have these icons on my nav screen that look like little ghost heads. They represent community centers. Trouble is I’d like to get rid of them but can’t figure out how to do it.

I can add other points like gas stations, ATM that sort of thing and remove them but the ghost heads remain.

Any ideas?

G

I have these icons on my nav screen that look like little ghost heads. They represent community centers. Trouble is I’d like to get rid of them but can’t figure out how to do it.

I can add other points like gas stations, ATM that sort of thing and remove them but the ghost heads remain.

Any ideas?

G

From the owners manual:

ROUTE GUIDANCE

Map view Display POI icons

Points of Interest such as gas stations and restaurants can be displayed on the map screen. You can also set their location as a destination and use them for route guidance.

1. Touch Map View.

2. Touch Display POI Icon to display a particular type of Point of Interest on the screen.

A screen with a limited choice of Points of Interest will be displayed. (To change the displayed POI, see page 108.)

Selecting POIs to be displayed Up to 5 categories of icons can be displayed on the screen.

Touch the desired Point of Interest category to display POI location symbols on the map screen. By selecting the desired POI category and then touching OK, the selected POI icons are displayed on the map screen. To turn off the Points of Interest icon on the map screen, touch Delete. Other POIs: If the desired Point of Interest cannot be found on the limited choice screen, touch this button. Local POI List: When searching for the nearest Point of Interest, touch this button. Then choose one of the categories. The system will list the points within 20 miles (32 km). (See page 77.) Touch Other POIs on the Display POI icons screen. When a Point of Interest category is selected from either the limited list or the complete list, the screen will display symbols of those locations on the map screen.

ROUTE GUIDANCE

Select the desired POI categories. The selected category icon appears on the top left of the screen. By selecting the desired POI category and then touching OK, the selected POI icons are displayed on the map screen. If the desired POI category is not on the screen, touch List All Categories to list all POI categories.

Select the desired POI categories from the list. The selected category icon appears on the top left of the screen. By selecting the desired POI category and then touching OK, the selected POI icons are displayed on the map screen. To return to the POI category selection screen, touch More.

To display the local POI list Points of Interest that are within 20 miles (32 km) of the current position will be listed from among the selected categories.

1. Touch Local POI List on the Display POI icons screen.

2. Touch the button of the desired Point of Interest. The selected Points of Interest are displayed on the map screen. On Route: When the indicator is illuminated by touching this button, the list of the items searched along the route is displayed.

Omegaman