2008 Gx470 Vibration Troubles

Bellamore

Hello,

I purchased a new 2008 GX470 in April. Since day 1, I have experienced varying degrees of vibration at most any speed. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced 3 of the tires - they told me they had "flat spots". Drove the car for another week and the vibration was still there. Took it again to the dealer and this time they rebalanced the tires and replaced the air with nitrogen air. They also told me that I need to put some miles on the car and the problem would resolve itself. I have been driving the car now for several weeks and the problem STILL persists!! Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm so upset that I want to return the car.

Thanks,

Lee

Hello,

I purchased a new 2008 GX470 in April. Since day 1, I have experienced varying degrees of vibration at most any speed. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced 3 of the tires - they told me they had "flat spots". Drove the car for another week and the vibration was still there. Took it again to the dealer and this time they rebalanced the tires and replaced the air with nitrogen air. They also told me that I need to put some miles on the car and the problem would resolve itself. I have been driving the car now for several weeks and the problem STILL persists!! Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm so upset that I want to return the car.

Thanks,

Lee

hmm..strange. I picked up an '08 in April and have not experienced any vibrations. Do you have the Dunlop AT20's?

Hello,

Thanks,

Lee

hmm..strange. I picked up an '08 in April and have not experienced any vibrations. Do you have the Dunlop AT20's?

I'm not sure what kind of tires I have (it's late here so I will check in the morning). I'm going to take the car back to the dealer again tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Thanks,

Lee

I'm not sure what kind of tires I have (it's late here so I will check in the morning). I'm going to take the car back to the dealer again tomorrow.

Bellamore,

Did they figure out what was causing the vibration?

• 4 weeks later...

Lee,

My does the same thing. Frankly its the most annoying thing I've ever had to go through with a car, New or Old. Mine is an 08 also. I've been back to the dealer 4 times, had a Lexus rep look at it, and all they do is try to defend their car. They did the tire replacement, and the balancing, but it didn't help at all. I'm going back once more to satisfy the lemon law and then get a lawyer. Mine does a couple other very annoying things too. I'll keep you posted.

SH