Help! Interior Water Leak!

:censored:

I am freaking out. I have a 2006 GS 300 that is now over the 50k mile mark, so its out of warranty. I have owned it the whole time. I recently found a big time water leak on the interior of my car only on the passanger side. Its leaking so bad that I had to strip the car apart inside. I had to rip out the seats, console, and carpet.

Its a clear liquid. I believe its coming from the AC, because the longer the AC is on the worse the leak. Its only on the passenger side.

Does anyone have ideas, similar problems, recomendations as to why and how to fix it???

You AC drain line is clogged, bring it to the dealer, I believe the drain line is behind the dash. In the mean time, dont turn on the AC, that may be hard since you are in Florida.

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem with my 06 GS300 right now. Have you fixed the water leaks? What was the cause of water leak? I'm not sure if this is the common problem for GS model?

I am freaking out. I have a 2006 GS 300 that is now over the 50k mile mark, so its out of warranty. I have owned it the whole time. I recently found a big time water leak on the interior of my car only on the passanger side. Its leaking so bad that I had to strip the car apart inside. I had to rip out the seats, console, and carpet.

Its a clear liquid. I believe its coming from the AC, because the longer the AC is on the worse the leak. Its only on the passenger side.

Does anyone have ideas, similar problems, recomendations as to why and how to fix it???

I have the same problem with my 06 GS300 right now. Have you fixed the water leaks? What was the cause of water leak? I'm not sure if this is the common problem for GS model?

There is an TSB (AC003R-07) regarding this water leak.

The affected vehicles: all GS300, some 07GS's and IS's.

Caused: HVAC evaporator drain blocked.

Its a bug they have fixed in the 07 models.

Some of the 07s still have this problem. My 007GS350 serial number is included in the affected vehicles.

The car hasn't shown any leak yet.

But one thing bothers me. I used the A/C for about one hour until I got home today.

After the car was parked for an hour, I didn't see any water puddle on the ground.

• 8 months later...
Anyone get a resolution to this problem? Did Lexus take care of this, and was this covered under a warranty?

Thanks

I believe since there is a TSB out for the issue that you can take it to any Lexus dealer and they will fix it free of charge.

I just put a call into Lexus, and they are checking for me on the TSB. In case I don't get a satisfactory response where can I print a copy of the TSB to bring in? The provided TSB # above brings up pay sites, and nothing I can print out.

Any help please.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I just put a call into Lexus, and they are checking for me on the TSB. In case I don't get a satisfactory response where can I print a copy of the TSB to bring in? The provided TSB # above brings up pay sites, and nothing I can print out.

Any help please.

Thanks

Did you get a response to the TSB question? I am having the same problem with my 2006 GS300. Lexus Service said mice had

blocked the HVHC = I would have to pay to fix. Help please

Thanks

I believe the drain tube is just hanging down inside the right front wheel well. Turn your tires to the right all the way and you will easily access the tube, I just blew mine out with a bit of compressed air and that seemed to do the trick. I have an 06 GS300 for the record

• 2 weeks later...
I believe the drain tube is just hanging down inside the right front wheel well. Turn your tires to the right all the way and you will easily access the tube, I just blew mine out with a bit of compressed air and that seemed to do the trick. I have an 06 GS300 for the record

ok so the wheel well tube is the drainage for the base of the front windshield. The AC tube on mine is hard to get too, its closer to the driver than passenger and its way up on the firewall and not reachable from on top, underneath, there are lots of panels and such that block access as well. I have not had to use mine much as its been just warm and dry here in So Cal, but yesterday at the dealership I left the front doors open and the AC running and the water was pouring out from underneath, as it was a more humid day. I am guessing you will need to stop by your dealer and ask them to just clean out the drain tube, I would think it should be simpler if they can get it up on a hoist.

ok so the wheel well tube is the drainage for the base of the front windshield. The AC tube on mine is hard to get too, its closer to the driver than passenger and its way up on the firewall and not reachable from on top, underneath, there are lots of panels and such that block access as well. I have not had to use mine much as its been just warm and dry here in So Cal, but yesterday at the dealership I left the front doors open and the AC running and the water was pouring out from underneath, as it was a more humid day. I am guessing you will need to stop by your dealer and ask them to just clean out the drain tube, I would think it should be simpler if they can get it up on a hoist.

I'm a new on this site. I have a 2006 Lexus GS300. I'm having the same problem stated in here - a bad water leak on the front passenger floor board. It gets so bad you can hear the water squishing around when I stop. Where is this evaporator hose? How do I get to it to clear it out? Can anyone post some photos on how to do it yourself? Or instructions on how to fix this problem yourself? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a new on this site. I have a 2006 Lexus GS300. I'm having the same problem stated in here - a bad water leak on the front passenger floor board. It gets so bad you can hear the water squishing around when I stop. Where is this evaporator hose? How do I get to it to clear it out? Can anyone post some photos on how to do it yourself? Or instructions on how to fix this problem yourself? Thanks.

You would have to be able to get the car up off the ground to get at it, its up higher on the firewall closer to the driver side. Mine seems to be working just fine, but if your hearing the sloshing I would see if you could get at it and hit it with some compressed air to push the blockage out of the way. If you cant then just take it to the dealer or repair shop the cost would be minimal compared to the cost of the damage and mold etc that you will get by letting this go any further.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with mines (06' GS430- 95kmi) ), the car has no history of having this problem, that being said, i took it to the dealer (mentioned the TSB mentioned on thread above), they said to call Corp. Lexus, gave me the info, put me on a loaner, im placing a claim through the info given, will reply once I get more info.

I REALLY hope they can deal with it cause I have no warranty and the guy said if they dont help Im looking at 1.4k just on labor alone. He knew from assisting a previous customer with same issue, lucklly for him, he had warranty.

I have the same problem with mines (06' GS430- 95kmi) ), the car has no history of having this problem, that being said, i took it to the dealer (mentioned the TSB mentioned on thread above), they said to call Corp. Lexus, gave me the info, put me on a loaner, im placing a claim through the info given, will reply once I get more info.

I REALLY hope they can deal with it cause I have no warranty and the guy said if they dont help Im looking at 1.4k just on labor alone. He knew from assisting a previous customer with same issue, lucklly for him, he had warranty.

Got a call from the dealer today, they said Lexus called them and told them that they were not going to help with this issue.

I have to pay 1,400 to get it fixed on my own.

Any suggestions???

• 5 months later...

Got a call from the dealer today, they said Lexus called them and told them that they were not going to help with this issue.

Any suggestions???

Wanted to add that I found a "knowlegealble" mechanic & said he knew wat the problem was, he said the HVAC was glogged, grabbed a old hanger, poked it a couple of times & water released & started dripping the way it was supposed to (when a/c on & car on).

He charged me 50 bucks to do that & install a new cabin air filter.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE DEALERSHIPS!!!???

It took a while for my enterior to dry up, but it did & I no longer have this problem!

FYI!!!!

• 6 months later...

I also have an '06 GS300 with the same water leak. Coincidentally, at around the same time the problem began, the ABS, VSC, and AFS warning lights started coming on in my car. Is it possible that the moisture coming in through the vents got into the console that houses these sensors?

The 06 GS has a strange route for the drain tubing from the AC box. It is not uncommon for it to get clogged and then the water leaks into the inner compartment. The liquid in HB Surfcat's case may have caused a short in one of the wiring harnesses.

Similarly, I had a situation where all my lights except the CEL came on. Dealership went all through the car, every connection and couldn't find a problem. Only code in memory was a CamBus code, I forget the number but is started with a U. Each system checked out individually. On a whim, I changed out the gas cap and it has never happened since.

steviej

• 1 month later...

Freaking out with the rest of you!!!! My '06 GS300 has had a musky smell for a month or so. Today I removed the floor mats to find the carped soaked and discolored. My car only has 28,000 miles. I called Lexus and asked if they knew of this problem, NO was the reply. I asked if Lexus would help with the cost to fix the problem and they said 'didn't think so'.

Please provide a service number if anyone has one. I shutter at the idea of their cost of diagnosis and repair.

Anne in GA

(widow)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Any suggestions???

Wanted to add that I found a "knowlegealble" mechanic & said he knew wat the problem was, he said the HVAC was glogged, grabbed a old hanger, poked it a couple of times & water released & started dripping the way it was supposed to (when a/c on & car on).

He charged me 50 bucks to do that & install a new cabin air filter.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE DEALERSHIPS!!!???

It took a while for my enterior to dry up, but it did & I no longer have this problem!

FYI!!!!

Help, I have '06 GS430. Started noticing a musky smell a couple of weeks ago. Pulled up the floormats yesterday and found the carpet completely

soaked. Both front and rear. I knew right away what the issue was from reading this forum before.

Took the car to my mechanic, he lifted it up but we could not find the drain tube. The TSB mentioned above is for GS300.

06 GS430 has drain plug is right on the bottom of the evaporator unit. The whole dash needs to be taken apart, then disassemble AC unit and pull out the evaporator box. Takes 4.5hr of labor according to the shop.

Do you know where exactly your mechanic stuck the hanger to clear out the clog? I have 69K on the car so it's out of warranty. I was reading somewhere the dealership would charge between $1400 and $2000 to fix it. Please help!

Thanks,

Mike

2006 GS430, soaking wet

• 2 years later...

For some reason, this forum IDENTIFIES a " A/C Condensate Drain Clog"'

But

You can search 20 entries and NOT find the Solution for FIXing it !!!

Hear it is on YouTube.. Plain, Simple, Clear and Cheap

It is on the drivers side.

The location of the 1/2 to 1/4 black drain tube is on the firewall, near the floor.

it runs out about 1 in,,, 90degree turn down and another inch.

If you look up to thru the wishbone....about as far back as the center of the tire.

You'll see it... near the drive shaft U Joint and nor far from the catylitic converter.

Have a picture, but could not get this site to take my upload.

• 1 year later...

I just went through this in a 2006 GS430. After 3 weeks of humidity and an odor getting worse and then wet floors, if I thought about how challenging it would be I would not have started it, but I could not afford the $1,900 quoted to fix it.

I started by removing the seats, center console, carpet, under pads and began to clean and dry them completely. It took me about 2 hours without damaging anything. I hung the carpet and pads on a fence to dry in the sun while I worked on everything. I found a gallon of water under the carpet.

I raised the car about 18", dropped the belly covers, heat shields, exhaust (replace the 6 rusty nuts & bolts with new stainless), drive shaft, shift linkage and lastly lowered the transmission mount with a jack. Lowering it 4" and then using an extend reach micro claw, I was able to reach the rubber grommet that gets clogged and clear it. It is dead center of the transmission tunnel about 4-6" back from firewall. This was about 3 hours of work to access and re attach everything.

I reassembled the interior in about an hour after making sure all my pieces were clean and dry. This gave me time to clean all the panels and condition the seats real well before reinstalling it all. Cleaning was about 2 hours on its own.

It cost me $0 and a day to fix the problem and clean the mess.

The dealer quoted me 14 hours and it took me... 8 doing extra work to clean the car that the dealer likely would not have done, because they would have replaced the carpet and pads for $500.