Changing Spark Plugs

Just tried to get my spark plugs changed on my 06 GS300 and found out they are only available at the dealer. I have not popped the cover so I am not sure if this is a simple job. They want over $100 labor to do it at a Midas shop and $200 for the parts. Cabin air filter needs changing too. Any suggestions or instructions on doing it yourself?

Just tried to get my spark plugs changed on my 06 GS300 and found out they are only available at the dealer. I have not popped the cover so I am not sure if this is a simple job. They want over $100 labor to do it at a Midas shop and $200 for the parts. Cabin air filter needs changing too. Any suggestions or instructions on doing it yourself?

You owe me a beer :cheers:

gs300_spark_plug_change.pdf

DC, looks different to me. When I did pop the cover I see no ignition wires at all. Looks like some sort of flat oval type cap over what looks like should be the plug postions. Very small wires too. Are you sure this PDF is for an 06 GS? I'll have to look again.

DC, looks different to me. When I did pop the cover I see no ignition wires at all. Looks like some sort of flat oval type cap over what looks like should be the plug postions. Very small wires too. Are you sure this PDF is for an 06 GS? I'll have to look again.

It says at the botom of the pdf, it is for a 2001 gs

Cabin air filter is real easy...I've changed mine twice already. Instructions are in the owners manual, and it takes less than 5 minutes. Open the glove compartment and slide oout the removable shelf. There is a panel at the rear that pops out to give you access to the filter. Just insert the new one the same way the old one comes out. Good luck.