Where Is Air Filter On 2005 Ls430

duhmel

It is on the right hand side, under one of the covers near the front.

i have an '04 but it should be about the same. u have to unscrew/pop-out the black plastic screws that hold the cover down in a few locations. should be about 3 to 5 (most of mine are gone after years of various service providers taking 'em out and not putting 'em back or losing them.

be cool,

It is on the right hand side, under one of the covers near the front.
Under what cover? Exactly where? I thought it was behind one of the two glove boxes.

And does replacing the cabin filter turn off the 'Replace a/c filter' message that shows up on the instrument panel when starting the engine? Or do I have to pay the dealer to turn off that light? I just ordered a new cabin filter and it's going to make me mad if I replace it but that I still have to pay the dealer $50 to turn the light off as my dealer charges.

Edit: Whoops never mind, I see I'm asking about the cabin air filter in a thread that is about the engine's air fiter.

I was going to change the air filter on my 2005 LS430 but I cannot figure out where it is. Went to the local library but the Chilton manual didn't even show it. Help would be appreciated.

Is it in the same general area on a 2001 LS 430? Do I need to go with a K&N replacement or can I go with a OEM like from lexus-parts.com out of Sewell Texas

I was going to change the air filter on my 2005 LS430 but I cannot figure out where it is. Went to the local library but the Chilton manual didn't even show it. Help would be appreciated.

Is it in the same general area on a 2001 LS 430? Do I need to go with a K&N replacement or can I go with a OEM like from lexus-parts.com out of Sewell Texas

Remove air filter lead in that runs along the top of the radiator. There will be two plastic fasterners one on each end. This will expose the round air filter can on your left right behind the bulkhead as you face the windshield. There will be a circular clamp to release on that filter box to split it. Be sure and line the two halves up correctly (there is a little peg that fits in a slot on the other half. Many times some ham handed idjit has broken it off so you just have to index the two halves yourslef. If you don't get it right the entranceway into the air filter can won't line up coreectly with the induction lead in. You will also have to for ease of change unplug the Mass Air Flow sensor plug and since I'm doing this from memory there may be another hose with the assembly. Loosen the two clamps that secure the ends of the plastic flex pipe that runs between the intake plenum and the air filter box, compress it and get it out of the way. There may be a 10mm bolt securing things end there. Wiggle the air filetr box out, split it in two. I spray it with Engine Gunk to clean it out inside, wash it out thoroughly and air dry with compressor air. The K&N slips right in--- be sure and put the pointy end towards you. Reassemble in reverse and go rumble. While you have the connector off you might want to take some carb cleaner and thoroughly spray out the area around and within the brass butterfly air valve. You'll see it in the front of the intake.

PS I run the K+N in everything I own and have had good results with them....

Remove air filter lead in that runs along the top of the radiator. There will be two plastic fasterners one on each end. This will expose the round air filter can on your left right behind the bulkhead as you face the windshield. There will be a circular clamp to release on that filter box to split it. Be sure and line the two halves up correctly (there is a little peg that fits in a slot on the other half. Many times some ham handed idjit has broken it off so you just have to index the two halves yourslef. If you don't get it right the entranceway into the air filter can won't line up coreectly with the induction lead in. You will also have to for ease of change unplug the Mass Air Flow sensor plug and since I'm doing this from memory there may be another hose with the assembly. Loosen the two clamps that secure the ends of the plastic flex pipe that runs between the intake plenum and the air filter box, compress it and get it out of the way. There may be a 10mm bolt securing things end there. Wiggle the air filetr box out, split it in two. I spray it with Engine Gunk to clean it out inside, wash it out thoroughly and air dry with compressor air. The K&N slips right in--- be sure and put the pointy end towards you. Reassemble in reverse and go rumble. While you have the connector off you might want to take some carb cleaner and thoroughly spray out the area around and within the brass butterfly air valve. You'll see it in the front of the intake.

PS I run the K+N in everything I own and have had good results with them....

Wow sounds involved I will give it a try since you outlined all of the steps. You are a wealth of information thanks a million and I will let you know how i make out.

just a couple snaps and a few screws. It's not hard at all! Don't worry about it too much! :cheers:

I just detailed an 05 LS at my shop the other day, I should have snapped some pics of the engine bay for you!!

well about the cabin air filter thats the a/c filter behind the glove box.. to reset that all u have to do is where the air conditioner controls are is you hold the off button until u hear a beep then the message board should tell you cabin filter reset,

about your engine air filter

very very simple

with your hood up and you facing the car look at the front left hand side...

pop up that cover and you should see a black box, jus loosen up the clips

and up it comes then jus simply replace filters...

very very simple im not sure how anything can go wrong lol

GOOD LUCK!!