Help With New Tire Size!

I put some 17" wheels on my 03 GS300. The tires that came with the wheel and tire package were 215/45/17. The tires are just to small and I have noticable wheel gap. The oem tires that came on the car were 225/50/16. Could anyone help me with what size tire I should go with that will put me back close to the size that came on the car?

um lex? he/she wanted to know a tire size to help reduce the noticeable gap........not to calculate how much his speedometer is off! although that is a helpful little link, ty

brian

The speedometer error is certainly one function. You can also play with various wheel and tire combinations to get the overall heigth and width. Just start with the stock configurationa and go from there.

I put some 17" wheels on my 03 GS300. The tires that came with the wheel and tire package were 215/45/17. The tires are just to small and I have noticable wheel gap. The oem tires that came on the car were 225/50/16. Could anyone help me with what size tire I should go with that will put me back close to the size that came on the car?

I'm in the process of changing wheels and tires also. This tire calculator link has been very helpful because you can match tire diameters and widths of several tires at once. http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculato...p?action=submit