95 Ls400 Auto Tilt Away

jerm8

I'm fairly new to this forum, and can't seem to find a thread talking about this. I am simply trying to find out if I can disable the auto tilt away steering wheel feature in my 95 LS400. I use the car for work and am in and out of it 15-20 times a day. I can certainly see the day when it wears out, and would like to prolong that as much as possible. Any advice would be appreciated!

Look under the dash just to the right of where the steering shaft goes through the firewall. You should see two electrical connectors plugged into a brown circuit board box. One is white and the other is blue. With the key on and the steering wheel in the position you want it, unplug both of the connectors. The steering wheel will now stay in this position.

I'm fairly new to this forum, and can't seem to find a thread talking about this. I am simply trying to find out if I can disable the auto tilt away steering wheel feature in my 95 LS400. I use the car for work and am in and out of it 15-20 times a day. I can certainly see the day when it wears out, and would like to prolong that as much as possible. Any advice would be appreciated!

You're right to want to turn off the auto. On the left side of the steering column, below the turn signal lever, you'll find both the tilt/telescope button and the auto button. Press the auto button to turn the auto feature off. You will still be able to adjust the wheel with the other button whenever you like. :cheers:

You're right to want to turn off the auto. On the left side of the steering column, below the turn signal lever, you'll find both the tilt/telescope button and the auto button. Press the auto button to turn the auto feature off. You will still be able to adjust the wheel with the other button whenever you like.:cheers:

My 95 does not have the auto button.

You're right to want to turn off the auto. On the left side of the steering column, below the turn signal lever, you'll find both the tilt/telescope button and the auto button. Press the auto button to turn the auto feature off. You will still be able to adjust the wheel with the other button whenever you like.:cheers:

My 95 does not have the auto button.

I don't have an auto button either. I would rather not have to unplug it and totally disable it, but maybe that's my only choice. I'll keep watching to see if there are any other replies. Thanks for your input!

Unfortunately I think its your only choice. on 98+ cars the C-BEST settings can disable the auto function while still allowing you to use the adjustment controls, but on a 95-97 I think you have to unplug it...

Unfortunately I think its your only choice. on 98+ cars the C-BEST settings can disable the auto function while still allowing you to use the adjustment controls, but on a 95-97 I think you have to unplug it...

Dang me. Why they'd get rid of a usefull switch like that one, sure beats me.