First Impressions

g'day lads

just back to eastern Canada from Ohio transporting my 'new' 99 SC300

for the past 8 years have been driving a Integra GSR and thought I'd post a few impressions from the first week of lexusops

the 20+ hour drive (in 3 segments) was a joy - the SC performed flawlessly and was a rock on the Interstates. Tons of power, a smooth ride and luxurious comfort/sound in the cabin - felt like first class

have taken the car to work and the golf course where it has garnered many oohs and ahhs from my friends

in getting the SC was of the impression it was the perfect marriage of sport and luxury - not exactly sure if this is the case. It is far more to the luxury side than the sport performance. It has quite a heavy feel to it - not at all light and lively as the old 'teg. Now, I don't wish to be slagged for sounding negative - I do love the car - it just might take me a bit to get used to the feel. I have said to myself that if I wanted a butt on the ground, 5 speed manual, 8200rpm redline crotch rocket - I should have kept and upgraded the 'teg. What I have is a refined, smooth luxury sport sedan. The interior, fit and finish and style of the SC is superior to most anything I've had the pleasure to be in.

perhaps several weeks/months/years of driving the SC will convince me that the car truly is the brilliant machine I had hoped it would be

Surprise yourself.

After you get quite use to the "feel" of your new ride take it out and find the the most twisty road you can and give it a go. Here in norcal there is a road (Kings Mountain) that gives you hairpins, level changes, switch backs that are a challenge to cyclists (bike and otherwise). I took that road at a good rate of speed and was very nicely surprised at the SC400's response. It squats down and takes the turns a lot easier than you would initially expect. It had every bit the feel a roller coaster would.

Give it a chance. ;)