Replacing Ecu

rauf

hallo my lexus family

my question is has anybody replaced the ecu on a 1995 lexus ls 400 i got the upgraded one from a junk yard in texas and i plan to install it soon but i have problems pulling out the glove cormpartment. secondly is it plug and play or do i have to reset anything after installing the new one. any advice will be appreciated

Hello Rauf

A belated welcome to the forum.

I have been looking through the manual but cuold not find many notes on replacing the ECU.

The instructions basically say that you should check ground before replacing as often the ECU will malfunction if ground connection has deteriorated.

Good luck

ps. Have you opened up the old ECU? I wonder what's inside. If its a microcntroller it would be educational to look at the code.

hallo my lexus family

my question is has anybody replaced the ecu on a 1995 lexus ls 400 i got the upgraded one from a junk yard in texas and i plan to install it soon but i have problems pulling out the glove cormpartment. secondly is it plug and play or do i have to reset anything after installing the new one. any advice will be appreciated